i just ordered a rift s and i currently use a razer kraken 7.1 usb headset, is this compatible? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

i just ordered a rift s and i currently use a razer kraken 7.1 usb headset, is this compatible?

JyushimatsuJyushimatsu Posts: 9
NerveGear
i really don't want to have to go out and feel the great need to get a new headset specifically for the rift s, as i plan to play a very wide variety of games and some that are sound heavy. i do of course have several usb ports free. will it be possible?

Answers

• CCP_DalekCCP_Dalek Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    if you have the tournament edition with the aux to usb volume adjuster you should be fine. Just unplug the headset from the module and there is a port on the side of the headset
  • JyushimatsuJyushimatsu Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    CCP_Dalek said:
    if you have the tournament edition with the aux to usb volume adjuster you should be fine. Just unplug the headset from the module and there is a port on the side of the headset
    unfortunately i only have the usb version. i just hope it wont cause me trouble in the long run
  • KyoshiVRCKyoshiVRC Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have the Kraken 7.1 Pro Chroma V2 USB, My only problem is that my head is big and the drivers barely reach my ear with the Rift S on. Just plug the Razer Headset into a USB 2.0 and you're good to go.