Pc shut down when putting on oculus (Update) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Pc shut down when putting on oculus (Update)

KysonNevermoreKysonNevermore Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited June 8 in Support
when setting up my oculus headset the pc crashes just after finishing the guardian setup, if I go to a game like vr chat then the game will start up fine but as soon as I put on the headset my pc turns off. I have a ryzen 5 2600, 8 g ram and a rx 580 with a 550watt power supply with freshly updated graphics drivers. what could be the issue? Is my power supply not enough so it just shuts down without warning?
Update! I tried putting on the headset without a game and it flashed then the pc shut down and I had to reset windows, must have been a power issue to make it shut down and damage windows like that so I am getting a 700 watt power supply to boost it 
Tagged:

Comments

• sraurasraura Posts: 375
    Trinity
    edited June 8
    Just in case... have you gone through these yet?

Also sounds like a power issue to me. You might want to check at least following;
    - If you gpu has it's own power connector, make sure that it is connected to PSU
    - In windows power options, under high performance, restore default settings to this plan*.
    - If possible, try connecting Rift to different usb port(s) than where it is currently connected.
    - If nothing else seems to work, also try some older driver version which you have proven to work with traditional games before.

*) Oculus seems to use that plan and this is just to make sure it doesn't have any weird settings.

Good luck :)