cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues setting the floor level correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Firstly, when doing the Guardian setup, the grid that appears is always rotated to the right, not square to what I'm looking at, and turning my body doesn't fix it. Minor, but it's easier to draw a square when you have the grid lines to trace. But the real issue I'm facing, is setting the floor level correctly. I gaze down as suggested, but it's not right...so I select Reset, then touch the controller to the ground...which the grid then lowers, but seems to hover slightly above still. Either way, I stand back up and confirm. As soon as I'm in Oculus Home, I put my controller to the ground...only the tip of the rings are visible, the rest are beneath floor level. I try the setup again, this time placing a controller on the ground, and using the other to point and click...same thing, same height. What the freaking hell?
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, after the update, the grid is now straight, but I still can't get the floor level correct. Someone suggested it might be due to lighting, but I had all my lights on, and it still winds up calculating the floor an inch or so too low.

wxlupo90gx7i.jpg

Serpula
Protege
It’s never going to be more accurate than that! A tolerance of an inch is going to make zero difference. Just relax and enjoy some games ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Serpula said:

It’s never going to be more accurate than that! A tolerance of an inch is going to make zero difference. Just relax and enjoy some games ?

Having the wrong floor level could result in me hitting the controller on the ground while picking up objects in the game. The Rift doesn't have this problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually...if the floor's 1" above real life, then that would give a 1" buffer before actually touching ground in real life. That's ok. But...it makes me 1" shorter...lol. I used to be 5'10", but with degenerative disks and old age, I'm now 5'8". In games, I'll be 5'7". I'm shrinking. 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the same issue, guessing it's about 5 cm (2 inches) above the real floor level. It seems to stop "leveling" at the height of the wall baseboard (that plank thing just covering the base of a wall at the floor). Not sure if that's related though. Anyway, I can't seem to set it quite right. But it still works, I guess it might not be that big of a deal. But it feels a little bit off.

I'm having this issue now, almost 2 years later. Someone told you to ignore it, but I have a disability and am afraid of losing my balance and falling.  I just bought my headset and really would like to play!