New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest won't connect to PC

Dustcendant3456Dustcendant3456 Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited June 2019 in Support
So I've been trying to install custom song to Beat Saber on my Quest but it seem there is something terribly wrong. When I connect Quest to my PC with USB adapter as my PC doesn't have USB-C, the PC won't even load it or give me notification that it is connected, it just recharges and nothing happens and of course I have the developer mode on.
THX for help

Comments

• katnissalikatnissali Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue
  • tober1996tober1996 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem. There is no message shown in the headset....please help
  • tober1996tober1996 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I found my solution in another post: Disable the Developer-Mode!
  • ROBYER1ROBYER1 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    tober1996 said:
    I found my solution in another post: Disable the Developer-Mode!
    It seems far from ideal to disable developer mode as I often need it plugged in via USB to do things over Developer mode
  • rmib200rmib200 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    so any solutions?? I have this problem since the last update
  • GoJoDo69GoJoDo69 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I found using a USB hub doesn't work - needs to be direct into the PC
  • CliffordSageCliffordSage Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same I have no connection message, even after a factory reset and disabling developer mode. I have it directly plugged into my Alienware USB c port! hope it's not a USB 2 thing or something scarier like Oculus are freaking out how many people want to use this in a customizable way. my self is a developer and I get this feeling thousands are switching there devices to developer and it's freaking Oculus out lol from an updating point of view!  That fact I can't connect it with a wire is mad right now.
  • gegarciam95gegarciam95 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello, I just had this problem. I was using the large cable that comes with Oculus, which is C to C. However, I tried with one with another wire (USB to C) and worked, Oculus is connected!, the message about debugging was shown!. Hope it helps.
  • Tommy_WommyTommy_Wommy Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Had this issue while trying to update Pavlov any solutions yet?
    NerveGear
    Ok Guys i found a fix. For me i had to do a Factory Reset on my Quest. I waited like an hour and now it works again!

• fabrizicaidyfabrizicaidy Posts: 2
    NerveGear
     I get this feeling thousands are switching there devices to developer and it's freaking Oculus out lol from an updating point of view!  That fact I can't connect it with a wire is mad right now.
    NerveGear
    Ok Guys i found a fix. For me i had to do a Factory Reset on my Quest. I waited like an hour and now it works again!

Nevermind its broken once more
  • BMNJ356BMNJ356 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Nothing is working as Iv tried factory reset nothing, USB C to A and USB C to C nothing turning developer mode on then off multiple times nothing I need help  :(
  • The_Flying_PigThe_Flying_Pig Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi, I don't know if this forum is still active but my quest appears in my list of devices (in 'devices and printers') but it only will appear in 'files' as E: drive and when clicked on it says something like 'insert disc in drive'
  • lukas.nemy.1lukas.nemy.1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also cannot connect to PC
    • dev mode is off
    • connecting cable USB-C (Oculus) to USB-A (PC)
    • no prompt message inside oculus VR to transfer files

• AlphaSpyDogAlphaSpyDog Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah I've got the same issue too.
    I only connect it to my PC to transfer video files across, and I used to be able to do it but suddenly I can't. The sound comes up to signify its connected, and its in the list of devices, but it doesn't come up in file explorer anymore and there's no prompt in the headset. I'm connected to the PC by a USB A to USB C cable and its USB 2.0 not 3.0, but still I kind of feel like this might be the result of an update to the Quest's software.