Quest stopped working — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest stopped working

ahcadiuhahcadiuh Posts: 3
NerveGear
I was using the quest in a game when the screen froze then went black. Been a day and it won't turn back on and my phone can't find it. It acts like it's just dead. Anyone have this happen and is there a way to fix it? 

Answers

• ShaneP1ShaneP1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ahcadiuh said:
    I was using the quest in a game when the screen froze then went black. Been a day and it won't turn back on and my phone can't find it. It acts like it's just dead. Anyone have this happen and is there a way to fix it? 
    I also need help with the same. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Shane
  • george.atlgeorge.atl Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited June 9
    If your Quest is stuck on boot loop mode or not power up at all you can make a factory reset. Press power and volume down until a menu show up in your headset then use volume button  to go up and down and chose what ever you want to do. 
  • ahcadiuhahcadiuh Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I tried that but it won't do a thing. Can't get any lights to come on or a menu to do a reset. 
  • elie195elie195 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same, quest has been in this state since June 7 for me. Waiting on support to get back to me..
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,486 Volunteer Moderator
    Try holding the power button for longer than 30 seconds, if you haven't already. It should force a hard reboot.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • elie195elie195 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited June 11
    nalex66 said:
    Try holding the power button for longer than 30 seconds, if you haven't already. It should force a hard reboot.
    Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't help (tried 3 times just in case). In my case I see the power/charging light, hear sound, but there's no picture in the headset no matter what I do (can't see boot menu either after holding power+volume down). 
  • zabergauzabergau Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    im having the same issue :( support wrote me and said "power off and dont try to use it while we investigate." 500$ investment and no support :(
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    I've had that happen today while in bigscreen. It froze then black screen and wouldn't go back to start screen. Three times it happened and also a runtime crash too. My oculus build hasn't even auto updated yet.
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2