cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Thread

I'm desperately trying to find out if there will be a VR mode so if anybody knows... that would be good!

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

*Edit: see the later posts in the thread for confirmation of VR support.

563 REPLIES 563

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Wow that slipped under the radar !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Yeah... I just happened to be looking for... I can't remember what I was looking for now, this just erased everything else.

Microsoft are referring to this as Flight Simulator for PC so if anyone's worried about the Xbox thing, it's ok!

Incidentally @Techy111 if this does have VR, it would probably be the program that would tempt me to get a Reverb. I'd keep the Rift for everything else, but FS + Reverb would be quite a combination.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow that is awesome news!
But for me only if it supports VR, if it does then instant buy. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Given Microsoft's current commitment to WMR it would be crazy if they did not support this for VR imho.  The video says it's planned to be released in 2020 so we are all going to have a bit of waiting time, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I was thinking the same thing @TomCgcmfc Microsoft is more likelely to include VR support than some others in a title like this, so personally I put the odds at greater than 50%. And I feel the same way as you @dburne,  VR has put an end to all monitor simming for me, although this is one title that would tempt me to buy regardless.

If it didn't have VR, I don't know... maybe I'd have to get 3 decent monitors to at least partly bridge the gap.

Evileyes
Rising Star
2020 release huh? we can expect a insane experience then 🙂  Those old school MS sims for the time were cutting edge. Instant buy from me too if VR is fully supported.
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

forestguy
Expert Protege
Yes the other VR supported titles like Prepar3D and XPlane are only playing catch up, it wasn't built from the ground up, and currently do not use Vulcan (although XPlane will be implementing this soon). However, Aerofly 2 (which has Vulkan) has a decent VR implementation and looks and feels suburb on my HP Reverb.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Not forgetting the wonderfully superb Flyinside Flight sim 😉 built for VR
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.