Rift s pressure — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift s pressure

So my friend got a rift s and he’s setting it up right now but when I use my head set it puts a lot of pressure on the back of my head and it’s makes it uncomfortable and I’ve adjusted it million times and I don’t know what to do at this point it makes me very sad and aggravated because I have had this thing for about 2 weeks and I’ve only play it 3 times 

Comments

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 894
    3Jane
    A little unclear of your exact meaning - but...
    Have you adjusted the halo so that it sits lower on the back of your head?  (Think just under the 'bulge' at the back of your head)
    That should 'sit' the headset in a more comfortable position and hopefully enable you to get more time spent in VR :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • pantherkid1313pantherkid1313 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    RattyUK said:
    Have you adjusted the halo so that it sits lower on the back of your head?  (Think just under the 'bulge' at the back of your head)
    That should 'sit' the headset in a more comfortable position and hopefully enable you to get more time spent in VR :)
    Thx I’ll Try this later and no I haven’t tried this how much should I tighten it
  • SpiceLife72SpiceLife72 Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    RattyUK said:
    Thx I’ll Try this later and no I haven’t tried this how much should I tighten it
    Tighter than your mum, looser than your sister :smile:
  • pantherkid1313pantherkid1313 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    RattyUK said:
    Tighter than your mum, looser than your sister :smile:
    Wow your so funny f off
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 894
    3Jane
    edited June 10
    RattyUK said:
    Only tight enough to feel secure - turn your head quickly, if it doesn't move, you have the ideal setting.  It should be gripping, not squashing, if you understand :smile:
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,594 Valuable Player
    I like it a little tight, feels like I am getting a head massage lol.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|