Big tech companies censorship agenda — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Big tech companies censorship agenda

VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 111
Art3mis
edited June 10 in Off-Topic
The big tech corporations are in serious trouble including Facebook that have breached human rights by censorship. Potus and the DOJ are now going after Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc with an antitrust lawsuits. They have already lost billions for their stockholders because they keep banning people if they aren't liberal left. President Trump will be going after them for the 2016 presidential election meddling. What happens if Facebook goes down for their stupidity? I've invested a lot into vr with Oculus and I don't need this censorship crap Facebook. Stop meddling with politics Facebook/Oculus, you'll end up bringing your customers down with you if you keep this up. I just want to play vr games but when I hear that tech companies are breaching our free speech then I feel that maybe I did back the wrong horse.
Oculus Quest Status:
RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,866 Volunteer Moderator
    No politics allowed as per forum rules and that is for us the consumers and not censorship by Farcebook. :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    Techy111 said:
    No politics allowed as per forum rules and that is for us the consumers and not censorship by Farcebook. :)
    I hope that you're not telling me that I can't talk about this in the off topic regarding Facebook censorship and the antitrust lawsuits.

Oculus Quest Status:

Oculus Rift DK2
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,866 Volunteer Moderator
    No, all I said was no politics as per forum rules.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• LameDuckWarriorLameDuckWarrior Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Yes! No politics in these forums period!
    Art3mis
    Techy111 said:
    I'm concerned about my investment if fb goes down then we're all screwed aren't we.
    Oculus Quest Status:

Oculus Rift DK2
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,869 Valuable Player
    No political stuff allowed. Pure and simple. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,635 Valuable Player
    VRBabe14 said:
    Techy111 said:
    I'm concerned about my investment if fb goes down then we're all screwed aren't we.

Facebook won't go down. They're too big. They'll continue to invest in VR and AR.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Art3mis
    @snowdog - Thank you that's all I wanted to know instead of the bs you can't talk about that as it's against the forums t&c. I'm sorry but that's censorship and this topic is very important as it impacts the customers. I'm not having a go at you snowdog x
    Oculus Quest Status:

Oculus Rift DK2
  • ohgrantohgrant Posts: 158
    Art3mis
    edited June 11
    Anti-trust has nothing to do with freedom of speech.  Freedom of speech is your right in a public place, forums are considered the property of the owners and can be governed as the owner sees fit. 
     Most forums forbid the use of their sites for discussion of religion and politics. Some people, like me for instance, are tired of the propaganda from both sides and enjoy coming to places like this to get away from the arm chair politicians.    
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 195
    Art3mis
    edited June 11
    When those 'politics' affect the people who've invested in the company, or a subsidiary company such as Oculus, then talking about it isn't the same as 'politics'...it's a valid concern and shouldn't be dismissed as just 'political talk'. I for one have the exact same concerns as VRBabe14. I'm not alone.
    Art3mis
    @ohgrant - Actually Anti-trust laws have been abused by corporations to censor people and other organisations. That's why the DOJ is going after Google because their platform is YouTube. And YouTube have been purging alot of political opponents, and anyone that supports them too. Facebook have also abused the Anti-trust laws to censor as well as others. That's how they have been getting away with it. Also a forum is on the Internet and the Internet is a public domain. You cannot censor someone if they have different opinions than yourself as that's a breach of free speech. My discussion was perfectly reasonable because Facebook have been naughty by getting involved in politics and that impacts us the investors that have financially supported Oculus since its creation. I have the right to speak about this without being threatened with "You cannot talk about that that's political and goes against forum rules" We have to talk about this situation because its reality not make believe.
    Oculus Quest Status:

Oculus Rift DK2
This discussion has been closed.