Quest Orange Charging light stays on Orange after charge doesn't turn on immediately, after about 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Orange Charging light stays on Orange after charge doesn't turn on immediately, after about 5

byron.tikbyron.tik Posts: 3
NerveGear
This happens
- Turn quest off via on screen prompt, wait about 5 sec to go completely off
- Put the HMD on charge using the Oculus quest Power Adapter and USB C Cable
- After a charge(e.g. overnight) the light stays Orange
- I unplug the Quest and the light still stays orange
- There is no response to me pressing the button, holding the button longer or inserting the cable, the light just stays orange
- I can't see, feel, hear or smell anything out of the ordinary, the headset is not warm
- After a couple of minutes when I come back to the headset it suddenly does allow me to turn it on, the light goes white and green if I plug it in

Sidenotes
- I would have played some longer sessions before charging, about 1.5 hours, the unit would be warm when placing on charge
- The headset does appear fully charged when it does finally turn on
- It appears that it has to be unplugged for a few minutes to be able to be turned on again
- I suspect this could maybe a battery overheat protection(I am guessing here) I haven't noticed this at the first few charges only started recently
- I turned of the Oculus detection for it to turn on when you move the headset, but this did not change anything
- possibly this behavior started since the latest update, yet I am not sure

regards

Comments

• zabergauzabergau Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    im having all sorts of charging problems too... my battery meter when it does work stays at 25% no matter what... as of now it doesnt even turn on 
  • byron.tikbyron.tik Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    @zabergau
     Possible a different issue, although could be related. charging appears to works fine, it is just that orange light stays on which should turn green, after I disconnect from the charger, the light stays on and it takes a few minutes before I am able to turn the device on.
    There are quite a few post specifically around battery and charger issues, hope you solve it. I did find support for the Oculus Go was excellent and they replaced an headset I had an issue with.
  • TikkytikTikkytik Posts: 2
    NerveGear

The orange light you're seeing on your Quest indicates "charging" status.  for the different status lights for your Quest and controller.

What I am going to recommend doing is a factory reset on the Quest. That way we start back at a factory state, and it eliminates any possible software issues.

Performing a factory reset on your Oculus Quest is irreversible and will remove all account information, device data, downloaded games, and content from the device. But a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your Oculus account, and can be re-downloaded to your device.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your Oculus Quest.
    2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
    5. Log in to the Oculus app with the account you'd like to connect to your Oculus Quest headset and set your device up from scratch. for instructions for setup.
    • If you have trouble turning your Quest back on after the reset, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Once you have completed the reset, power off the Quest and charge untill the status light is green. Once your Quest is fully charge, play how you normally would play.

• byron.tikbyron.tik Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Tried Factory reset, the device went black , nothing is happening. Tried holding the power button for 20 seconds, a minute, with the volume button. There is no light while plugged in. Feels pretty much dead. Hope it magically kick backs in or allow me to start it up in an hour or so. 
  • TikkytikTikkytik Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ok, I think it officially died. Oculus support got back to me within 10 hours(Overnight Australia) and we are going through the send away and replace process. I've done this before with the Oculus GO for a different reason.
    Oculus Support is excellent in that regards. . 
  • dsantosvrdsantosvr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 18
    -