Rift S Touch Controller positional tracking timeout on slow movements (1.37.0.245188) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Touch Controller positional tracking timeout on slow movements (1.37.0.245188)

TuuvasTuuvas Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited June 11 in Oculus Rift S and Rift

As seen in the below gifs, there appears to be some sort of timeout for positional tracking of the new touch controllers. If I'm making slow movements, the touch controllers appear to be "lost" and cause massive issues with position; however, performing the exact same movement only a little faster produces no issues.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Install fresh batteries

2. Restart Oculus Software via Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus

3. Launch any software as long as you can see your hands

4. Hold hand out in-front of you

5. Begin turning very slowly as seen in below gifs

• Expected Results: no tracking loss

• Actual Results: tracking loss, but only on slow movements

Comments

• sraurasraura Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    Well... unfortunately my touch controllers seem to be working fine on 1.37.0.245188. Can't repeat what u show on those gifs.
    Another mystery there...
  • TuuvasTuuvas Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    sraura said:
    Well... unfortunately my touch controllers seem to be working fine on 1.37.0.245188. Can't repeat what u show on those gifs.
    Another mystery there...
     This is more easily reproduced when using something like a gunstock to keep things steady.  One way to simulate this is to pretend you're holding a pistol with two hands very very steadily... as if trying to line up a headshot from 30 yards.  Then pretend that person is walking slowly left and right while you continue to track them with the ironsights.
  • Jorgec81Jorgec81 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have exactly the same problem I have the protuve vr and cannot use it because of that, when I try to follow some one and try to do a precise shoot I lose tracking in less than 5 seconds, it is extremely annoying.

Any way to get support for this? This doesn't happen on the CV1
  • KoizKoiz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 14
    So I was able to reproduce this with the latest update.

I noticed something in Onward... when I was backed to a wall where you clip and the controllers rumble the controllers never stopped tracking. I would hold it the same way and move back and forth, if it wasn't rumbling then it would stop tracking, if it was rumbling it wouldn't stop tracking at all. All while pointing it at the same position.

Its not a huge deal breaker at the moment for me but its going to be frustrating when it actually impacts a potential shot. 

This is using a protube, and there is ZERO occlusion. 

• Jorgec81Jorgec81 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    For me is a huge deal breaker because every time I'm steady waiting for someone to show across the street the tracking fails and cannot aim properly until I move the controller a little bit