Tracking loss using ProtuveVR — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking loss using ProtuveVR

Jorgec81Jorgec81 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hello guys,

I have a extrange issue, i managed to avoid oclusion using the protuvevr and the new cups for the rift s, however when i keep my hands very still like when you are trying to do a precise shoot aiming down the sights the tracking is lost and no im not putting my controller to close to the headset is just like if i dont move the controller to much thanks to the stock the headset stop the tracking until i shake the controller a little bit.

if i play without the stock obviously my hands shake a little bit while trying to stand still but with that little movement there is no loss on tracking, only with the stock during precise shooting which destroy all the purpose of the protuvevr stock.

i already deactivated the power saving features for the USB ports and so on but the problem persist at the point that i have to play onwards without the stock until this issue get fixed.

Anyone else has experienced this problem?

Regards!

Comments

• ian.stallerbrassian.stallerbrass Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I have a problem especially with sniper rifles, where the controller nearest the HMD freezes until you move your head or controller, which is no good when you're lining up a shot, I suspect that this is due to the controller being too close to the HMD which is a known issue.
  • xSTONEMANxxSTONEMANx Posts: 190
    Art3mis
    Jorgec81 said:
    Hello guys,

I have a extrange issue, i managed to avoid oclusion using the protuvevr and the new cups for the rift s, however when i keep my hands very still like when you are trying to do a precise shoot aiming down the sights the tracking is lost and no im not putting my controller to close to the headset is just like if i dont move the controller to much thanks to the stock the headset stop the tracking until i shake the controller a little bit.

if i play without the stock obviously my hands shake a little bit while trying to stand still but with that little movement there is no loss on tracking, only with the stock during precise shooting which destroy all the purpose of the protuvevr stock.

i already deactivated the power saving features for the USB ports and so on but the problem persist at the point that i have to play onwards without the stock until this issue get fixed.

Anyone else has experienced this problem?

Regards!
    I use the protube as well in onward and haven't experienced that problem. 
  • Jorgec81Jorgec81 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Check this post it is exactly what's happening to me
     https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/688850#Comment_688850