Oculus Rift S: Finish Setup in VR blackscreen — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift S: Finish Setup in VR blackscreen

LordPaiLordPai Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited June 11 in Support
I have a rift S and until now everything has worked fine. The setup finished and told me to finish the setup in VR, but the Rift S was dark, so I tried every step I found online to fix it. I updated top beta 2.0, I replugged the cables and restarted my computert, I updated by windows gpu etc.
I have a GTX 2060 graphics card.

Comments

• svedegosvedego Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Same problem
  • sraurasraura Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    So when you put the HMD into your head and keep it on for a moment - it is totally dark? No 3 dots blinking in the middle?
  • LordPaiLordPai Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    For how long do I have to keep it there?
    Nexus 6
    Normally 5-10 seconds should light it up, but sometimes if there is a problem, it might take up to 20 or so.
    You have desktop computer, right?
  • xSTONEMANxxSTONEMANx Posts: 190
    Art3mis
    This is due to USB issues. I had this issue and a couple of my friends also had 3 to 4 weeks ago when our head sets came in. I reset the PC when I say reset PC  I mean bottom left hand corner type reset this PC and removed everything windows reinstalled and updated all USB drivers this fixed all 3 computers we haven't had issues since  except for the occasional white flash that doesn't happen to often if you try this be sure to backup anything you dont want to loose.
    NerveGear
    Yes I have a desktop, but I can't just reset all of my files etc.
    NerveGear
    Yes I can backup, but are there any other things I can try, before resetting my PC.
    Nexus 6
    You could check this support article and also make sure that your USB drivers are up to date.

If that doesn't help I would recommend that after making sure you have gone all the relevant trouble shooting steps here, gather some logs (explained here) and submit ticket. Also attach the logs to that ticket and let them know all the steps you have already taken to solve the issue.
    NerveGear
    jdenney, I have reset my computer and it didn't help. but thank you for your participation. sraura, I have submitted a ticket, thanks for the advice.