Rift S possible problems I'm afraid of. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S possible problems I'm afraid of.

I was wondering what type of problems are out there with the new pc headset, I had bought a CV1 and in less then a mouth my controller stopped working the way it should. I found it upsetting to have to send it back to amazon for a refund.

I'm willing to jump back into oculus products again, I just want to know the rare and common problems people have experienced with the rift s.
All so wondering if they fixed the GTX 1060 problem with drivers. I am fine with rolling drivers back, just want to know.
Tagged:

Comments

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 673
    Neo
    Take a read of the common threads here.  Intermittent flashes appears to be the commonest...
    I've not had any issue with always using the latest Nvidia drivers, others may have had a different experience!
    Next iteration of firmware/software may 'fix' more of the current issues.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • Jerra89Jerra89 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Oculus sucks more and more. i never had so many problems with hardware or software.
    The tracking stucks because the cameras went randomly offline.
    The software stucks while downloading updates, i sit here for 2 hrs and nothing happens. I cant close the programm because it fucks up my complete system. all i can do is to shutdown with the power button.
    I swear, this was the first and only thing i buy from oculus.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 673
    Neo
    edited June 12
    Jerra89 said:
    Oculus sucks more and more. i never had so many problems with hardware or software.
    Guess you haven't been in computing for the last 40-odd years then :smile:
    Historically (even in the recent past) software and hardware didn't always play nice, no different today really, just less common.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
  • sraurasraura Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    edited June 12
    God I miss the guru mediation and blue screen of death - and those appeared on good day.  Most days went just with the silent "hey did I just crash? please flip the power button and load your previous save from yesterday"-solution.

As sidenote to actual topic: GTX 1060 seems to work fine.