New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Your oculus software may be updating. please wait a minute and try again.

Brokk-O-LeeBrokk-O-Lee Posts: 1
NerveGear
I know this is an old issue and schoulkd be fixed but i have this problem.
I just got my Rift S installed the software, connected it and made the suggested firmware update. and since then nothing is working. The software was opening and closing several times on its own and then this message accured 

"your oculus software may be updating. please wait a minute and try again"

I tried all known foxes like unplug and replug. Checking drivers and so on and nothing worked. Im rly frustrated now. If someone could help.
Tagged:

Comments

• sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    Bit problematic cause many things may have caused that. You could paste that error report to this forums search box in top right corner and browse some of those results.
    However you can find OculusSetup.log from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Oculus
    If you can't get it working contact oculus support and they will provide you further instructions like howto fully uninstall the software in safe mode and start fresh install.
    Also ensure that you have enough disk space in drive C and that your windows has latest updates.
  • TheWingKongTheWingKong Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just had this problem. ran a windows update and oculus is back up and running fine. 
  • SoraxelSoraxel Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 15
    If you want to fix the oculus update error use a program called "Oculus Tray Tool" when you are done installing it, you will find a tab on the left side that says "Service & Startup" you will find an arrow button that is pointing to the right (just like the play button in any media program or youtube). click on the arrow button then try to run Oculus again after you see the "Oculus Service: Up" next to the button you clicked. it should work.

You can download Oculus Tray Tool from here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5okoju/oculus_tray_tool/

Reply to me if you have any problems. ^^