PLEASE HELP!! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

PLEASE HELP!!

svedegosvedego Posts: 8
NerveGear
So basically my screen on the VR is just black. And I really don't know why, I tried everything...     

SPECS : GTX 1080, i7 4770, 16GB RAM (DDR3)

Comments

• sraurasraura Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    so... in here you say "Oculus Rift S Setup doesnt Install right" ?
    and in here you say "Same problem" as the guy who has issues finishing the setup in VR, because the Rift S was dark.

So from all this I assume you have now been able to install Oculus application "right" and have re-plugged the cables, updated all the drivers etc, opted into oculus applications public test channel... and are unable to continue the setup in VR.

...is the hmd totally black or do you see 3 dots in the middle when keeping it on your head for a moment?
    ...does your windows allow access to camera? (settings -> privacy -> allow apps to access your camera -> on)
  • svedegosvedego Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    sraura said:
    and in here you say "Same problem" as the guy who has issues finishing the setup in VR, because the Rift S was dark.

So from all this I assume you have now been able to install Oculus application "right" and have re-plugged the cables, updated all the drivers etc, opted into oculus applications public test channel... and are unable to continue the setup in VR.

...is the hmd totally black or do you see 3 dots in the middle when keeping it on your head for a moment?
    ...does your windows allow access to camera? (settings -> privacy -> allow apps to access your camera -> on)
    You're absolutely right. I was able to set up the Oculus client, but now have the problem that I only have a black screen. So to answer your questions : The HMD is totally black, the only thing I see when in the headset is the reflection of the outside light. When I go into Settings -> .... It says that I allow Apps to 

Nexus 6
    edited June 12
    -moved this reply below next post-
    NerveGear
    sraura said:

You're absolutely right. I was able to set up the Oculus client, but now have the problem that I only have a black screen. So to answer your questions : The HMD is totally black, the only thing I see when in the headset is the reflection of the outside light. When I go into Settings -> .... It says that I allow Apps to access the camera... (But I don't see any Oculus App underneath it.)

Nexus 6
    Ok gr8.
    Could you provide bit more information about your computer, like is it a laptop or desktop computer? Also if it is a branded computer, model and model number would tell alot.
    (But I don't see any Oculus App underneath it.) -> there should not be one - that is ok.

NerveGear
    sraura said:
    Ok gr8.
    Could you provide bit more information about your computer, like is it a laptop or desktop computer? Also if it is a branded computer, model and model number would tell alot.S

(But I don't see any Oculus App underneath it.) -> there should not be one - that is ok.
    Ok, so first out of all, thank you for trying to help me, I really mean it! I was trying to Setup the Rift S for around 8 hours now. Ok so, to answer your questions : Its a Desktop PC. Its an Acer G3 605, but I upgraded the gpu to a 1080 8GB. I can't send you the number rn (bcz im not at home). Im gonna send it later to you (~3h). Im sorry
    Nexus 6
    Thanks. I think it is this one.
    Went thru the specs and it is bit old computer, but with updated graphics card it should still work. At least light up the rift.

If you already tested joining the oculus applications public test channel (latest beta), then I would recommend same thing to you than I did to this guy here.
    NerveGear
    sraura said:
    Thanks. I think it is this one.
    Went thru the specs and it is bit old computer, but with updated graphics card it should still work. At least light up the rift.

If you already tested joining the oculus applications public test channel (latest beta), then I would recommend same thing to you than I did to this guy here.
    I think, its a USB issue... Maybe you can tell me more. Also, I just sended the ticket to the support team, just gotta wait now.
    Nexus 6
    You might want to try updating your USB driver. You seem to have intel chipset, so here is direct link to auto update tool.