Must be an error - devs said a few days ago (E3 2019) that we won't see the game before next year (although that is soon compared to when I expect to be able to order my first vacation on Saturn, lol). The game is made by the devs behind Arizona Sunshine, apparently it's their biggest project yet.
Release date is set to 2020 on Steam though.
After the Fall
From the creators of the hit VR shooter Arizona Sunshine comes an epic multiplayer VR action FPS with seamless, co-operative gameplay at its core that pits up to four players against a vast, hostile VR world in a raging fight for survival.
Set in the ice-covered ruins of LA nearly 20 years after the apocalypse, After the Fall combines a living, breathing VR world shared with players from all over the world, a cinematic and atmospheric campaign, action-packed solo and multiplayer gameplay, and endgame built from the ground up for VR.
2005, LA. A generation has passed since a mysterious outbreak caused by the excessive use of designer drugs birthed the terrible Snowbreed, infesting our cities and collapsing civilization. You, one of the survivors seemingly immune to the side-effects of the substances, are humanity’s last hope of resurgence. Explore the remains of a civilization ground to a halt in an alternate 1980s, craft deadly weapons and wield devastating powers with real-life movements as you develop you combat style, and join forces with players worldwide as you go head to head with relentless hordes and larger-than-life bosses in a bid to take back the city. It’s time.
- An Epic Multiplayer VR Shooter: Go solo or join forces in seamless co-op on a campaign through a post-apocalyptic, infested VR world from the creators of Arizona Sunshine
- Hell Has Frozen Over: Discover, scavenge and survive the ice-covered and Snowbreed-infested ruins of a post-apocalyptic LA ground to a halt in an alternate 1980s
- Larger-Than-Life Boss Fights: Survive unprecedented hordes, fight tactically to defeat Specials and think on your feet as you square off against awe-inspiring bosses
- Craft Your Ultimate Loadout: Craft, upgrade and mod your gear, from armor and a huge array of guns, to melee weapons and ingenious combat devices
- Discover Your Combat Style: Wield a huge variety of deadly weapons and devastating powers, from crowd-control to badass Snowbreed manipulation, all with real-life movements
- The End is The Beginning: After completing the story campaign, venture out into a living world full of events, missions, and blood-pumping encounters
Shots - click to enlarge:
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0.
"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"