cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app won't install?

cb2048
Sightseer
Just picked up a headset today,. Was hoping to be able to set it up, but the app won't install. The download gets to around 6GB/7GB every time, then freezes there. The progress bar and the download speed never change after that.

I've restarted the computer several times, deactivated my antivirus, ran it as administrator, and done everything else I could think of. I don't know what else to do, and it doesn't help that the installer is the most barebones thing ever, not giving me any feedback at all. It just stays locked at the point it's at, and I get no error messages. The only way to get it to do anything is to close it out, delete the download cache, and restart it. I've done this 3 times now and I'd like to not have to do it again.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Never seen anything else do this. Any help is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

sraura
Heroic Explorer
As you haven't been able to finish the install, there probably isn't C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Oculus\OculusSetup.log yet?
Things which might cause installer to hang are low disk space on C-drive and some weird letters on your windows account name (username).
Might want to contact support at https://support.oculus.com/