Steamvr says oculus rift s is out of date when i just updated it? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Steamvr says oculus rift s is out of date when i just updated it?

Howdy_Howdy_ Posts: 1
NerveGear
Im trying to use my Rift s with Steam vr but so far everytime i try to load it up it gives me an error saying my oculus software is out of date.
Tagged:

Comments

• KnobbyGnome79KnobbyGnome79 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm getting the same error! Please help anyone!! :# :)
  • Mattbait_IkeaMattbait_Ikea Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Im getting the same issue, but apparently, Im trapped in oculus version 1.37.1, and cant receive the 1.38 update whatsoever.
    NerveGear
    Im getting the same issue, but apparently, Im trapped in oculus version 1.37.1, and cant receive the 1.38 update whatsoever.

So dumb question but Im old and have only had this for about 3 hours...how do I acutally check to see what version I am running? I might not be able to check right this second as I am reinstalling all of it right now but I am curious if I was also at the 1.37.1 like you...

• sraurasraura Posts: 415
    Trinity
    Go to settings. Switch to general tab and scroll to bottom.
    ...and they are in stage where 1.38 is rolling out - it has not been distributed to all clients yet. Should get it inside few days.
    NerveGear
    So will steamvr pop this up every time oculus has a new version? even when not everyone is able to grab it yet? basically periodically there will be times you wont be able to use steamvr for a couple of days due to this?
  • sraurasraura Posts: 415
    Trinity
    Nope... I am running Oculus App Version 1.37.0.245188 and steamVR works fine. Even the new Rift S touch controllers show there now correctly. Perhaps your steam is not fully updated.
  • EpicGamer2EpicGamer2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You can manually update by following the instructions on this page: https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,291 Volunteer Moderator
    So will steamvr pop this up every time oculus has a new version? even when not everyone is able to grab it yet? basically periodically there will be times you wont be able to use steamvr for a couple of days due to this?
    I've never had that appear.
    Valve did a Rift-S related update (1.5.8) to SteamVR yesterday (and another 2 updates today). So they may have decided to boost the supported version number to the latest. Usually they don't update that bleeding edge.
    NerveGear
    Thanks all for the help. I ended up getting it working early early this morning. After I got it working with steam and shut down I ended up with my usb 3.0s not working when I started back up. took a bit but got that one figured out as well. Up and running well in all areas! This rift s is pretty awesome!
  • AnemephistusAnemephistus Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just fixed this on my rift after a system upgrade. Steam was installed on the C: drive, Oculus is on the F: drive. Due to default security permissions in windows steam cant read the information on the other drive for another program without a file path. Try this: Exit steam completely, launch oculus, them launch steam by right clicking it and running it as administrator. then try to launch steam VR. Note: this may work even if they are on the same hard drive depending on your configuration.