cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Oculus Store Gift Cards

Anonymous
Not applicable
With the holiday season not far off, Oculus/Facebook really need to get physical store gift cards into all the major retailers (like what Steam has).  I believe Oculus are missing out on a major revenue source by not making it easy for our non VR/gaming friends to spend money on the Oculus store.
1 REPLY 1

MythingLynx
Protege
I have been asking for Oculus gift cards for over a year now. I would love the option of purchasing cards for myself so I don't need to use my own debit card for transactions, (my wife monitors our finances) and to be able to have friends and family members gift them to me, plus if any of my friends finally break down and buy a Go, Quest or Rift S I can gift them a card during holidays and birthdays. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that a major tech company like Facebook (Oculus) which is under constant pressure to keep up to date with all of its technology in order to compete in the VR and social circles, can be so short sighted, clueless and far behind the times when it comes to their customers and modern methods of payment that are very lucrative and used by ALL other app and gaming stores like Playstation, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Google, Apple, etc. Their obvious indifference and apparent laziness to gift cards I would wager has already cost them a considerable amount of money, enough that if I were a major stock holder or investor I would not be happy that my stocks haven't maximized to the full value they should have, knowing how much additional revenue gift cards generate for a company. If Oculus has any business sense as a company they will at the very latest come out with store gift cards by this November, but I'm not holding my breath.