how to equalise my external headphones with Rift S? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

how to equalise my external headphones with Rift S?

dan108dan108 Posts: 172
Art3mis
I have a pair of headphones to connect to Rift S but they definitely needs of some EQ to sound better. how to equalise my external headphones with Rift S?

thx

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,408 Valuable Player
    You can "enhance" the sound somewhat in Windows sound in control panel.
    Open sound in control panel and then click on Rift S headphones, then properties.

Click on the enhancements tab. There you will find : 
    Bass Boost
    Headphone Virtualization
    Loudness Equalization

I use Klipsch Earbuds and myself I prefer having all three checked. I love the sound I get. You can test each individually and then together to see how you like it.  This of course is a very personal and subjective thing so ymmv. Also it can seemingly give differing results per game.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • dan108dan108 Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    dburne said:
    You can "enhance" the sound somewhat in Windows sound in control panel.
    Open sound in control panel and then click on Rift S headphones, then properties.

Click on the enhancements tab. There you will find : 
    Bass Boost
    Headphone Virtualization
    Loudness Equalization

I use Klipsch Earbuds and myself I prefer having all three checked. I love the sound I get. You can test each individually and then together to see how you like it.  This of course is a very personal and subjective thing so ymmv. Also it can seemingly give differing results per game.

thx that may be something! but there is not possibiliy like to move single parameters for each frequency? Oculus should try to add it imho, they wants us to use external headphones audio drivers should allow this