cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-Racer Hoverbike - awesome racing game!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just tried my favorite VR racing game, but I'm not a great fan of sims - and this isn't a sim 😄  

The graphics are quite good, and of course solid 90 fps are best. On my rig (see my sig) I could set super sampling to 1.6 and max out all other settings and get 90 fps. But setting super sampling to 1.6 in-game isn't the same as getting ss 1.6 in Oculus Tray Tool 😉 Super sampling in-game can be set to values like for example 1.6, 2, 3 and 4. 4 is the same as ss 2.0, while 3 = ss 1.75 and 2 = ss 1.4. 1.6 is probably = ss 1.2. 

No matter what I did, I couldn't get solid 90 fps using ss 2.0 (= "4" in-game), but ss 1.75 (="3") was ok if I disabled (or set to the lowest) all other settings. This wasn't bad - using ss 1.75 you don't need antialiasing (much), and shadows, bloom etc. aren't really important settings in this game. 

The game can be found here - seems to be the most popular racing game on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/668430/VRacer_Hoverbike/

If you have a GTX 1080 (RTX 2060) or better, I'd recommend setting super sampling in-game to 3 (=ss 1.75) and then disable (set to the lowest) all other graphics settings. You can try to max out everything and still keep in-game ss to 3, the fps counter will now measure 45 fps, but the game still performed nicely - I wonder if the game supports asw 2.0. 

This game is played seated only, and probably best seated in a couch, because you need to lean all the way left or right. Using a normal chair you risk falling, but a couch is perfect 😉

This game isn't for VR beginners - I'd recommend it only to seasoned VR users. This game is fast and there're 360 degrees loops on some tracks - if you're prone to VR nausea, this game probably isn't for you. But it's the most awesome racing experience I've had for a long time - maybe ever, lol.  

Some in-game screenshots (click to enlarge) - yes the game looks this good - and no, a 2080 Ti isn't wasted on this game  B)

341xrdz89u0i.jpg
gvh6piad4siz.jpg

Check out the road textures here - quite awesome, right?
ggz4545ssjdt.jpg

g8yd3bt4mrgs.jpg
crrsfyq7ys96.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll probably buy/try it out. Just not sure I'd like arcade style always. If there are other modes of play then cool for variety and realism not so fantasy.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Looks good!  I think I'll wait ~1-2 weeks to see if it hits the Steam 2019 Summer Sale.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Positive reviews are 9/10 on Steam, but I managed to find one negative review - but to me it's still positive  😄 

"WARNING: Don't buy this game if you have trouble leaning left and right in a 90 degree angle. 
This game is NOT recommended for anyone with a neck injury, or anyone that will get a neck injury from playing this horrible game since you can only steer from leaning your head. 

The steering is just horrible, with no option to set anything. It has great reviews, but it's just a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ game!"

"Not recommended for anyone with a neck injury" - you don't get such warnings in many games - how cool is that??!  😮  B)

But again - this is VR maybe as hardcore as it gets when it comes to racing. Like riding a real bike, you may need to (nearly) be able to kiss the ground when taking sharp turns, lol. But the immersion you get from that is what makes this game truly shine. 

BTW, this game simply is WipeOut in VR. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It goes like this video - just watching the video somehow sends signals to my stomach and I remember everything again, lol - I played the game for about 1 hour last night:

https://twitter.com/vertexbreakers/status/1139910588627324928

mx2ho17boqwx.jpg
f0hujp8rhhzf.jpg
06h0vezbjmk3.jpg
8s9md1ngfick.jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Found a few more screenshots showing what you normally don't see because the game is too fast  😉

Click to enlarge:

k30bipco80kx.jpg
q8wsb02e6v06.jpg
3dqjgywkv70i.jpg
oll8yckofjuk.jpg
g97un68q4jx8.jpg
qes82t94i3oa.jpg

johnoliver30
Honored Guest

RuneSR2 said:

Just tried my favorite VR racing game, but I'm not a great fan of sims - and this isn't a sim 😄  

https://youtu.be/EbCm9So-peg

https://youtu.be/kdtKxUqt0OA

The graphics are quite good, and of course solid 90 fps are best. On my rig (see my sig) I could set super sampling to 1.6 and max out all other settings and get 90 fps. But setting super sampling to 1.6 in-game isn't the same as getting ss 1.6 in Oculus Tray Tool 😉 Super sampling in-game can be set to values like for example 1.6, 2, 3 and 4. 4 is the same as ss 2.0, while 3 = ss 1.75 and 2 = ss 1.4. 1.6 is probably = ss 1.2. 

No matter what I did, I couldn't get solid 90 fps using ss 2.0 (= "4" in-game), but ss 1.75 (="3") was ok if I disabled (or set to the lowest) all other settings. This wasn't bad - using ss 1.75 you don't need antialiasing (much), and shadows, bloom etc. aren't really important settings in this game. 

The game can be found here - seems to be the most popular racing game on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/668430/VRacer_Hoverbike/

If you have a GTX 1080 (RTX 2060) or better, I'd recommend setting super sampling in-game to 3 (=ss 1.75) and then disable (set to the lowest) all other graphics settings. You can try to max out everything and still keep in-game ss to 3, the fps counter will now measure 45 fps, but the game still performed nicely - I wonder if the game supports asw 2.0. 

This game is played seated only, and probably best seated in a couch, because you need to lean all the way left or right. Using a normal chair you risk falling, but a couch is perfect 😉

This game isn't for VR beginners - I'd recommend it only to seasoned VR users. This game is fast and there're 360 degrees loops on some tracks - if you're prone to VR nausea, this game probably isn't for you. But it's the most awesome racing experience I've had for a long time - maybe ever, lol.  

Some in-game screenshots (click to enlarge) - yes the game looks this good - and no, a 2080 Ti isn't wasted on this game  B)

341xrdz89u0i.jpg
gvh6piad4siz.jpg

Check out the road textures here - quite awesome, right?
ggz4545ssjdt.jpg
g8yd3bt4mrgs.jpg
crrsfyq7ys96.jpg

Really awesome. Thank you.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I bought this a few days ago. I'm still getting the hang of turning properly. 

I always wanted a VR bike game
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Wildt
Consultant
How does it compare to RedOut?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

How does it compare to RedOut?