Elite Dangerous on Rift S — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Elite Dangerous on Rift S

JackDiddleyJackDiddley Posts: 1
NerveGear
I was playing Elite Dangerous on my CV1 prior to getting my Rift S.  I find the game unplayable on the Rift S unfortunately. 

While I'm in the cockpit the screen blinks grey and repositions so i am sitting on the floor of the cockpit next to the chair.  I tried resetting the view but it just blinks me back to the floor.  I stood up in the position it was defaulting to so I could land but the screen still kept blinking grey the whole time I was landing.

I cannot find a setting to make this stop.  Is this a known issue or is there something wrong with my settings?

Comments

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,573
    Project 2501
    I don't have this issue. Do you have this problem only in Elite Dangerous? 

Is this the SteamVR or Oculus store version? 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited June 17
    You need to start with FX QUALITY = OFF, VOLUMETRIC QUALITY = LOW. Then raise these until you know it won't grey out on you. I think those settings are for the RTX or Photo modes which are too high for VR.
  • xthedarknight99xxthedarknight99x Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I have this issue with Elite Dangerous and IRacing. 
  • Raincoat_WillieRaincoat_Willie Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I have the re-positioning issue with PokerstarsVR. I keep "Falling" out of my chair and sitting under the table. 
  • hhrvojehhrvoje Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Is there a solution for this? It keeps reseting the position and makes the game unplayable ...
  • RylanslaterRylanslater Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I have the re-positioning issue on Elite Dangerous, but the only way I found to avoid it is to reset Guardian with a new configuration on your chair (So Guardian need to be On).
  • hhrvojehhrvoje Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I can reset Guardian, but then I have to redo the whole thing for another game, where Im standing, right?
    Who's bug is this, ED or Oculus?
  • RylanslaterRylanslater Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yes that's it, also the ''repositioning seated position'' button on steamVR settings never worked for me.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 861
    3Jane
    I have Reset HMD mapped to a button combination on my HOTAS so that I can be 'sitting comfortably'  then adjust the view as needed.  With the latest (1.40) PTC release setting up Guardian can be skipped which is quite useful as I hang the Touch controllers behind my monitor and they would be at the edge of the boundary and bringing up warnings otherwise.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)