cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titans of Space PLUS has left early access for Rift, and launched on Oculus Quest!

drash
Heroic Explorer
Hello!  Today I'm happy to report that the enhanced PC version of Titans of Space PLUS has finally left Early Access with the v2.6.0 update, and has simultaneously launched on Oculus Quest.

Quest Store Page:  https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2359857214088490/
Rift Store Page
:  https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1023198204421743/

----

CHANGELOG:

v2.6.0 (December 19, 2019) - No longer in Early Access!:

• Added Tour Guide presentations for Neptune & Pluto (with subtitles), bringing the total Tour Guide content to 110+ minutes.
  • Re-recorded Tour Guide presentations for the 3rd Earth stop & Jupiter.
  • Users may now use either a trigger or button A/X to interact with buttons, whichever feels most natural.
  • Music can now be easily toggled on and off via a new button on the dashboard.
  • Fixed 36 issues.
  • Achievements have been added!
  • Oculus Dash support.
  • ASW 2.0 support.
  • Controller update: separate representations for Rift S vs CV1, icons, fading in and out to avoid visual distraction.
  • New loading screen, quicker loading.
  • Users going through the tour a second time will have the option to fast-forward to the next tour stop.
  • Improved visual appearance for Jupiter.
  • Improved visual appearance for Neptune.
  • Improved visual appearance for Pluto.
  • Improved visual appearance for the Sun and all the large stars.
  • Improved visual appearance for the vortex at the end of the tour.
  • Users can now view a miniature close-up of the Moon along with the Earth.
  • Side-by-Side Comparison mode can now be used at the Pluto tour stop.
  • In Side-by-Side mode, users can now only compare bodies they have already seen before in the tour.
  • In Side-by-Side mode, users can now physically interact with buttons.
  • Updated to OVR Plugin 1.40.0
  • Improved memory management: Tour Guide data is now dynamically loaded at most tour stops, per-frame allocations reduced by 95%, and garbage collection disabled during the times where it would be easily noticed in the form of stale/dropped frames (such as while traveling between stops, while in EVA mode, etc).
  • English language font updated.
  • Desktop mode now includes bloom, and ability to zoom onto the Tour Guide character.
  • And lots more.

v2.5.9 (September 17, 2019):

• New Tour Guide presentations for Saturn and Uranus (with subtitles), bringing the total Tour Guide content to 90 minutes.
  • Last big update to dashboard and cockpit appearance.
  • Planet labels no longer appear huge when approaching them.
  • Improved menu/UI appearance.
  • Each hand may now hold a different moon at tour stops with more than one moon.
  • Venus is now less yellow.
  • Distracting button feedback is now suppressed while sitting and listening to Tour Guide.
  • Cleaned up beeping sound in some Tour Guide presentations (especially at Mars).

v2.5.7 (June 25, 2019):
  • Added Tour Guide content for Ceres & Jupiter (with subtitles), bringing the total Tour Guide content to 75 minutes.
  • Facelift for cockpit and dashboard.
  • Dashboard height may now be manually adjusted by gripping the bottom of the dashboard.  Once it is manually adjusted, it will stop trying to automatically adapt to your height.
  • Improved the appearance of the data panel in Side-by-Side mode.
  • Improved Touch controller appearance.
  • Fixed lots of obscure bugs that have been around for ages!

v2.5.6 (June 15, 2019):
  • Users can now see their hands!
  • Added new dashboard buttons: Change planet maps, Rotate planets, Closeup view.
  • Dashboard buttons now act like mechanical keyboard keys.
  • All-new calibration area.
  • Adjusted low-level background noise to avoid crackly pops when using Rift S integrated audio.
  • Updated to Oculus Plugin v1.37.
  • Updated haptics.
  • Adjusted Sun sound effect to avoid sounding repetitive.
  • Adjusted laser pointer appearance.
  • Improved performance later on in the tour.
  • Lots of other improvements and bugfixes.

v2.5.5 (May 22, 2019):
  • Greatly reduced loading time by around 60%.

v2.5.4 (May 16, 2019):
  • When returning to the Tour Map, there is now a Settings button to make it clear that you can go back to change certain settings.
  • The Tour Map area now has buttons for quitting the experience.
  • When using floor-level tracking and have selected "not sensitive to motion", the tour cockpit's frame is now set to default to appearing "While Moving" (instead of Always On).
  • Additional command-line arguments, mainly for arcade/installation support.  Scroll to the bottom of the post for a complete list.

v2.5.3 (May 14, 2019):
  • The Sun's corona is now animated.  Same goes for the large stars.
  • Tour Guide customization is now enabled. Anyone can now record themselves in VR (both motion capture, and microphone capture for voice) to create new Tour Guide presentations (that can be shared with others if you wish). To get started, check the Modding Info area inside the app (green options menu from tour -> Modding Info). It's easy once you know what to do, but perhaps daunting to get started, so I will publish videos in the near future to walk through the process.
  • Additional command-line arguments, mainly for arcade/installation
    support.  Scroll to the bottom of the post for a complete list.
  • Monitor: No longer defaults to "sensitive to motion".

v2.5.2 (May 4, 2019):
  • Tour Guide now has English subtitles (for all 62 minutes of tour content content currently available).
  • While at the Tour Map, user may press the R key to (re)start the tour, or the C key to continue it.  (This was requested to make demoing for others easier)
  • Modding/customization has been enabled.  (If you're interested in customizing text, translations, subtitles, alternate planet maps, or planet labels, you may now do so.  Look in the app's "modding info" area to get started.)
  • Monitor mode: Fixed being able to use Alt key to cycle info pages, and Shift key to zoom.

v2.5 (April 26, 2019):
  • NEW: Tour Map
  • NEW: Zero-gravity EVA with EchoVR-style locomotion
  • NEW: Surface labels
  • NEW: Alternate planet maps
  • NEW: Tour Guide presentations (still a work in progress, 62 minutes of content available up through Mars, with more coming soon)
  • Added Simplified Chinese & Japanese.
  • Additional Mars tour stop, with more info, photos, and a second Tour Guide presentation.
  • Automatically defaults the Sitting vs Standing setting based on your height in the "Get Ready" screen, but you can still change this if desired.
  • Improved Earth & Moon appearance.
  • Dashboard in standing mode no longer transitions between low and high based on a specific threshold but will now detect arbitrary player heights on the fly.
  • Updated Jupiter real-distance view, and included full "Jupiter" song.
  • Improved controller appearance.
  • After holding planets in your hands, the planet now smoothly goes back to where it was.

Update #4 (May 5, 2017):
  • Real Photos - Curated images that highlight fascinating yet lesser-known features of the planet or moon in question. They can be viewed by paging through the additional info pages via the yellow "i" button on the left side of the dashboard.
  • Facelifts for many Solar System bodies, orbit lines, and the end of the tour.
----

COMMAND-LINE ARGS:
  • --maximize-spectator-window (Force fullscreen spectator window)
  • --unlock-full-tour-map (Players can go to any tour stop they want without having been there before)
  • --start-at-beginning
  • --reset-all-preferences (Ensure that the experience starts fresh every time in case users fiddled with settings)
  • --skip-menus (Skip all the menu screens and start tour immediately)
  • --go-directly-to-tourmap (This skips past the initial options
    and title menu areas to the Tour Map. Note that the --skip-menus
    argument will override this.)
  • --disable-guide-options
  • --disable-guide-editor-mode
  • --tour-guide-on-by-default (Ensures that the Tour Guide will start talking automatically when starting the tour, can still be turned off by user if they wish)
  • --tour-guide-off-by-default (Ensures that the Tour Guide does not start talking automatically when starting the tour, can still be turned on by the user if they wish)
  • --buttons-are-click-activated (Ensures that buttons require a point-and-click in order to activate)
  • --buttons-are-timer-activated (Ensures that buttons require only gazing/pointing for 1 second in order to activate)
  • --default-to-floor-level-tracking (Forces floor-level tracking for standing/roomscale instead of automatically detecting seated vs standing)
  • --skip-calibration-step (Works
    great when paired with '--default-to-floor-level-tracking' to speed up
    the flow of getting into the experience, but assumes that the
    system-level play space is properly configured.)
  • --default-to-short-tour
  • --default-to-full-tour
  • --comfort-mode-on-by-default
  • --comfort-mode-off-by-default

Thanks for reading, and I hope you like the new stuff!

• Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com
17 REPLIES 17

Luciferous
Consultant
Thanks Drash, you have been busy, looking forward to playing it on the index when it eventually arrives.

vannagirl
Consultant
One of my first ever epic vr experiences, I forget was it dk1 now? Made me feel so sick with the movements but wow I remember the planets flying past and reading the descriptions

I need to recheck seems you have upgraded it like 100 times since it was free back in the vr  Day
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

drash
Heroic Explorer
@Luciferous Awesome, I've got Index support in there (developed using the Index controllers with a Vive), but have yet to try the headset myself.  Should be very interesting.

@vannagirl Ahhh, I'm so sorry that the old DK1 one made you feel sick.  I added a comprehensive comfort mode a while back that has made a world of difference!

Luciferous
Consultant
Great thanks. Is that full finger support or that it just works like a Vive controller? Not that I think you need full finger support in Titans.

drash
Heroic Explorer

Great thanks. Is that full finger support or that it just works like a Vive controller? Not that I think you need full finger support in Titans.

Yes it's full finger support, but most of the time you're just holding the controller.  In EVA mode you can have a little more fun with it by grabbing onto things and pushing off of them without the controller in your hand (unless you grasp it, then you can see them).  Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkIAGfOMFw

Luciferous
Consultant
Are you working on a quest version?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am definitely going to check this out again. It was one of the first VR experiences I had with a Google Cardboard before I got my Rift and I was blown away!

vannagirl
Consultant

drash said:

@vannagirl Ahhh, I'm so sorry that the old DK1 one made you feel sick.  I added a comprehensive comfort mode a while back that has made a world of difference!

Everything was uncomfy on dk1 it’s okay 🙂
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

drash
Heroic Explorer

Are you working on a quest version?

Yes I am, actually preparing a beta build as I type this!  Nearly identical to the Rift version, with some additional improvements/polish before I submit to Oculus.  No guarantees as to whether it will actually make it onto the Quest store, though!