cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup doesn't load (solved but still black screen)

Gizmo0317
Honored Guest
Hey all,
i've got a question. I have serious trouble installing the Oculus Rift software. Yesterday i had a black screen and i just heard the sound. After 10 hours of troubleshooting i got the software freshly installed (which was really not easy). But after that the problem still existed. Due to the black screen i was not able to finish the installation because at a certain point you have to continue with the headset on but with a black screen you cannot do it. Today i reinstalled my windows.
Now i have a clean Windows 7 (home premium 64bit) installation and all the drivers are the current ones.
I downloaded the Oculus Software for the Rift from the Oculus Webpage but i cannot run the Setup.exe.
It starts loading and after about 5 seconds it ends and nothing happens anymore. During this 5 seconds the Oculus rift installer appears in the Taskmanager but after this 5 seconds it disappears again.
I tried to execute the Setupfile as an administrator but i had the same issue.
Is there anyone here who can help me?
I'm running an i7 6700 with a GTX1070 and 16GB RAM

Thanks, Gizmo
1 REPLY 1

Gizmo0317
Honored Guest
Ok, i got the problem solved. I just upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10.
The installation ran fine but now i'm back with my first problem: the screens stay black. The LED is orange and i can just hear the sound out of the headphones. I've tried almost everything you can find for the black screen problem with google but nothing worked.
BTW if i start for example DCS the orange LED turns white again but the screens stay black.
Maybe anyone has a cue??