New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift vs rift s

I'm looking at buying an oculus rift/rift s and I cant decide between them which do you guys reccomend I've seen rift s and noticed it doesn't have sensors and that worries me.

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,868 Valuable Player
    I think you - for now - can say get Rift-S if you want the best image quality or get the Rift if you want the best presence in virtual worlds.

Now that was easy, right?  :D 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    edited June 2019
    Rift S if you want better displays and next to no Godrays. Rift CV1 if you want great tracking and much better sound. I've kept Rift CV1 because I don't like the tracking on Rift S.
  • raymond.brill.3raymond.brill.3 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thx guys think I'm gonna go for the rift as the tracking would be better for what I like
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    edited June 2019
    @raymond.brill.3 - You will need a 3 sensor set up though for 360 degree tracking to be good.
  • andrewenzandrewenz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Agree with the above comments. Love the updated graphics and comfort on the S, but I'm so disappointed with the tracking compared to the CV1. I never lost a game on the CV1 because it couldn't see my hands. It's a regular occurrence on the S.
  • raymond.brill.3raymond.brill.3 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thx guys much appreciated