New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DisplayPort connection not detected

PercevanPercevan Posts: 4
NerveGear
I got a problem with the Rift S. When the MiniDisplayPort adapter is plugged (I have to use it because I don't have a DisplayPort), my rift S connect for 2 seconds and then disconnect. I've tried plug/unplug, try on another MiniDisplayPort but nothing changed. I've updated all my drivers. I've also tried repairing Oculus, but nothing worked for me. Someone have a idea ?
I have a desktop machine and a GTX 970.
Tagged:

Comments

• zaptomanzaptoman Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    What lights are on on the Rift S when you have it all plugged in?
  • PercevanPercevan Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    When I have the USB plugged, only the white led. But when i plug the MiniDisplayPort, the blue led lights for 2 seconds and turn off.
    NerveGear
    edited June 2019
    I don't know if that can be usefull, but here's my logs. Lots of "USB connection failed" but i don't understand, my USB connection work because my computer detect my Rift S when i plug it...
  • zaptomanzaptoman Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    In the past I've seen that the Rift S will claim Display Port is not connected when in fact the headset just seems not to be receiving enough power via USB. Try unplugging anything else from your USB 3.0 ports, see if that makes a difference.
  • Framer1Framer1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 2019
    Same Problem here. On Monday i installed the Rift S. It was possible to come to the controller settings. But Insite the Rift the screen is black. After the new Firmware update i got a new problem. The Display cable is showing as " not connectet". Today i got a new Rift S, but there it is the same Problem. It must be an issue with the new Firmware update... I can not install the Rift S. The Display Port light stopt and the blue Light in Front of the Rift stoped working. The Support can't help. 
    NerveGear
    zaptoman said:
    In the past I've seen that the Rift S will claim Display Port is not connected when in fact the headset just seems not to be receiving enough power via USB. Try unplugging anything else from your USB 3.0 ports, see if that makes a difference.
    Tried that, but same problem.
  • tempemonkeytempemonkey Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This is starting to get pretty old now... I jumped through a dozen hoops, mailed back my headset and got a new one... Same problem persists as described on this thread... Pretty sure it is an Oculus problem seeing that I ran Oculus CV on the exact same setup for years with no problems... They are virtually the same product physically.

• ZemongarZemongar Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just had this problem, I was just about to call tech support when I tried one last thing, uninstalling the app and deleting every oculus related file before downloading a new installer and re-installing. This will lose all your settings, not sure how my saves turned out, but it registered my DisplayPort connection and is working.
  • steve.harper.140steve.harper.140 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem as the original poster. New install, hangs at the Displayport connection. I've tried all of the above with no effect. Any other suggestions, I really don't want to return it to the store without ever seeing what it can do.
  • abrakadabra213abrakadabra213 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I bought a rift s a month ago and now it doesn't detect my DisplayPort any more I've tried restarting my computer, redownloading Oculus and checking if there's a solution online there's no real tutorial online can someone help?

p.s this is probably a software issue because it does detect the USB
  • nicolasmorin78nicolasmorin78 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hey, same here.
    I had this issue a few weeks ago, seemed to stop, and here it is, back again.
    I plug the USB in, detection OK, then I plug the miniDP in, it's OK for about 2-3 seconds, then it goes odd.. MiniDP connection notr working it says.
    I'm frustrated now, it's getting really annoying...
  • moortmoort Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Me too. Done everything. EVERYTHING. 3 tickets send with logs. I have Rift s from August and till now there was no problems. Every single solution from internet checked. 3 days reading, installing, uninstalling. Many cash spended for games. Frustration 10000%. 
  • MajorHardWoodyMajorHardWoody Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    I think I've solved this now!
    I tried reinstalling everything, different ports, updated drivers but nothing worked. It looks like until the update is installed the display port cannot be found. So what I did was try to install the update and when it failed, just leave the Oculus connected and wait until try again comes up, keep doing this and it gets further each time and finally installs. Now I have trouble pairing my touch controllers but at least the headset shows as connected. :)
  • ShiaraMShiaraM Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    I think I've solved this now!
    I tried reinstalling everything, different ports, updated drivers but nothing worked. It looks like until the update is installed the display port cannot be found. So what I did was try to install the update and when it failed, just leave the Oculus connected and wait until try again comes up, keep doing this and it gets further each time and finally installs. Now I have trouble pairing my touch controllers but at least the headset shows as connected. :)

Where can I download the firmware update from?

Edit: Nevermind, found it as a red bar at the top of the oculus app.
  • PinkPassion_PinkPassion_ Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Hi All, Just received my Oculus Rift S and am having similar issues. 
    During set up, I get the green light showing both USB and Display Port are recognized but I get no picture on headset. Now I am having another problem is all my Steam gams want to be played on the VR but I cant se VR screen to get out of VR mode. I do not have way to turn VR off without being able to see VR headset. 
    PC specs
    • Storage Type
      SSD, HDD
    • Total Storage Capacity
      1256 gigabytes
    • Solid State Drive Capacity
      256 gigabytes
    • Hard Drive Capacity
      1000 gigabytes
    • System Memory (RAM)
      Info
      16 gigabytes
    • Graphics
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
    • Processor Speed (Base)
      Info
      3.2 gigahertz
    • Processor Model
      Info
      Intel 9th Generation Core i7
    • Processor Model Number
      i7-9700
    • Operating System
      Info
      Windows 10 Home
  • imri303imri303 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    This sounds really weird but I reduced the volume of the headset to 50% and plugged in headphones and it started working... Unplug the headphones and the screen goes black...
  • CRIMINALgrillCRIMINALgrill Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can you use a hyper drive into a USB C port for this?  I don't have a port or a mini-port on my gaming computer.
  • imri303imri303 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Can you use a hyper drive into a USB C port for this?  I don't have a port or a mini-port on my gaming computer.
    Pretty sure you need a DisplayPort to use the Rift S. The port has to have direct access to the GPU and I don't think USB-C does.
  • dominic.forster.921dominic.forster.921 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello everybody. Only if I had seen this page before I bought, I really would of reconsidered. 

So here is my issue like many others. 
    I do not have a display port so have to use the mini adapter. The USB reads fine and goes green however the display port adapter does not connect at all. I have tried installing and reinstalling oculus, updated my graphics card and even my computer. 
    The spec can be seen below however I am now out of options? Did anyone get round this? 
    MSI GL73 8RD Core I7-8750H 8GB 1TB + 128GB SSD GeForce GTX 1050Ti 17.3 Inch Windows 10 Gaming Laptop 9S7-17C612-043.

• VenModBenVenModBen Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Seems like their software is the issue or the firmware. Who knows, I have a brand new video card that it can see the oculus connected to its display port but their software wont detect it is connected.

I may just send this back and go buy something else.  they should have staff on hand to be helping people especially this time of year when they will sell the most of their products.

I have a 13 year old who hasn't been able to use this since he got it, because we needed a video card upgrade so he now has the video card and this rift s wont work.

You can imagine the moral around my house.  I've spent almost 24 hours on this and it still wont work.

• VenModBenVenModBen Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I got it working. clean windows install and no manufacturer specific driver packs.

Suggestion. try cleaning all traces of your video card drivers out and see if windows 10 will detect and install the driver for your card.

I suspect the video card driver sees it as a onitor and wont let it install
  • fish0654fish0654 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 16

我的RIFT S連不到Displayport

以下方式全試過了
    1.更新顯示卡驅動程序(已是最新)
    2.更新WIN10(已是最新)
    3.路徑全改英文包含用戶也是英文(沒用)
    4.關防火牆重新重新下載安裝Oculus ...(沒用)
    5.把oculus
    可拆卸重新安裝十來次....(沒用)6.拔掉頭盔DP插頭先插USB等10秒...在插DP ...(沒用)
    7.重開機十來次...(沒用)

仍然連不到就是連不到....

第一次購買VR遇到這樣的情境我真得是非常難過.....
    連開始使用都沒有就變成這樣了....

到底是他們公司的問題還是我設備的問題..

• tomasz.rybickitomasz.rybicki Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have solved this issue by using driver removal tool. You can find generic ones, but if you're using AMD, it has it's own cleanup utility.