cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus S help, Headset artifacts

DARTH-JW
Honored Guest
Wondering if anyone else has had this, but I bought a new Oculus S today and went through all the setup and all seemed well.
However inside the headset itself doesn't matter what game im playing I can can loads and loads of jittery dots everywhere and its really noticeable in dark areas.
Ive run the compatability tool and everything checks out there even though im using a nvidia 1060 6gb GPU.
ive tried everything but cant seem to fix it, is this normal? or could I have a faulty headset?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like maybe a faulty unit. 

DARTH-JW
Honored Guest
Strangley, I read somewhere in the forums to connect the USB first then wait a few seconds and then plugin the display port cable. I did this and for the moment its seemed to have fixed it. That's all I did after having it all day long trying to fix it. will keep a check on it, id say if it comes back it could be faulty cable or something.  

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I sometimes get this, but it is only apparent when in Home. as soon as I start a game or load another home, the dots dissapear.. Odd.  obviously a Software/Firmware bug that will be ironed out in time.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."