cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep on getting "Critical Error your right touch battery is low"

lsmanley
Honored Guest
Something weird going on here. I have a brand new Rift S. When I start a game I get a "Critical Error your right touch battery is low" which means I can't play my games. Now, when I go to devices, it shows a left and right touch controller both with full battery but also shows 5 (!!) right touch controllers. These all have serial numbers like ��_ ( and I cannot remove them. One of them has a constand 'battery low' messge and this is causing the problem. It's infurating!
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try a repair of the Oculus Software.
Download the installer and launch it, it will prompt with a repair option - choose it. It will still download all the files again, but will do an in place repair of the software.

djsun25
Explorer
I'm getting the same thing. 4-5 right controllers. Keeps saying low battery. 

chrispn
Explorer
I have the same thing. I have 3 right controllers in my list with Serial numbers that show strange characters

Cassass1n
Honored Guest
has anyone figured out to permanently delete the extra controllers cause I delete them and they dont disappear? and I cant find a repair option for the controllers

Rahotep
Protege
Same issue here - places a new fresh battery, started Evasion (First Person Shooter) and after a few minutes, while in battle, I get a black screen, this recovers after a few secs and then I have "right controller battery warning" in the headset. By then there is nothing you can do - simply stuck. Task manager kill the game. Right controller will be red, and I can see that there is an additional right controller with a totally weird serial and firmware. No way to remove.

Pailloran
Honored Guest
Same issue since 1.38. I have a support ticket in and they've had me try a few things such as backing up my content, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and updating to 1.39 via beta, but hasn't resolved the issue yet - the invalid right controllers are still there and can't be removed.

After reinstalling, it did not take me through setup again (install hardware, account creation, etc) so this data was still saved somewhere. It just logged me in as normal with all the invalid controllers still listed under devices.

I'd like to determine how to do a truly 'clean' install and start fresh with new hardware pairing and such, before the extra controllers showed up.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
A clean install (I mean Windows 10 !) didn't solve the issue here. It was fine a couple of days and then the ghost right touch controllers appeared again. Maybe it occurs when the USB cable is disconnected and reconnected, I don't know... Now I've got this virtual battery critical error everytime I put the Rift S on my head. Have to deal with it for now.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Pailloran
Honored Guest

Yobiwan29 said:

A clean install (I mean Windows 10 !) didn't solve the issue here. It was fine a couple of days and then the ghost right touch controllers appeared again. Maybe it occurs when the USB cable is disconnected and reconnected, I don't know... Now I've got this virtual battery critical error everytime I put the Rift S on my head. Have to deal with it for now.

Do you find that it causes you to crash out of games? I could deal with having to clear an error on startup, but it constantly dumps me out of games.

Quijote1
Explorer
The multiple right controllers is a problem that Oculus is working on, they say. But it doesn't hinder game play. I sometimes get the Right Battery is Low message and what I do is Pause the game (flight sim), go to Oculus settings, beta, and restart Oculus - but first I pull the right battery out. I leave it out for one minute and then restart Oculus. I can then go back to my sim and unpause it and continue.....