New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Keep on getting "Critical Error your right touch battery is low"

2»

Comments

• zanglorzanglor Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    This just started happening in my Quest. I've had it about 2.5 weeks and now both controllers are telling me low battery and disconnecting. I know these batteries aren't low. But I've also replaced them with new batteries and still says low battery then stops working with a minute. Maybe it was the latest update? Sucks big time. I submitted a support ticket but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone other Quest owners had this issue?
  • luc444luc444 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yes i have this problem too. Sucks real hard.  Is yours working now? 
  • sa_motionsa_motion Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem. Already on public test channel. I have created a ticket to see what they say.

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    lsmanley said:
    Something weird going on here. I have a brand new Rift S. When I start a game I get a "Critical Error your right touch battery is low" which means I can't play my games. Now, when I go to devices, it shows a left and right touch controller both with full battery but also shows 5 (!!) right touch controllers. These all have serial numbers like ��_ ( and I cannot remove them. One of them has a constand 'battery low' messge and this is causing the problem. It's infurating!
    Exact same issue here. I even swapped the battery from the right to the left. left did not complain about right battery low, but right did with he battery from left.  Its FUBAR.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • eva.wei.1460eva.wei.1460 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
     :) 
  • eva.wei.1460eva.wei.1460 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I promise you'll find the most reliable battery here! Grepow Battery continually devotes our resources and efforts to developing higher performing & critically reliable rechargeable batteries for wearable electronics(Bluetooth headset, smartwatch, smart glasses, smart clothes, etc), medical, portable electronics and industrial application.

Based on the advanced technology, stringent quality control, and cost competitiveness, it is able to offer a wide range( -50 ℃~50 ℃ or 20 ℃~80 ℃) of quality batteries to meet customers’ ever-growing demands for higher performance, higher energy density, safer, lighter weight and 1000 cycles life. All products are meet ROHS, SGS, CE, UL and other testing requirements.

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    I promise you'll find the most reliable battery here! Grepow Battery continually devotes our resources and efforts to developing higher performing & critically reliable rechargeable batteries for wearable electronics(Bluetooth headset, smartwatch, smart glasses, smart clothes, etc), medical, portable electronics and industrial application.

Based on the advanced technology, stringent quality control, and cost competitiveness, it is able to offer a wide range( -50 ℃~50 ℃ or 20 ℃~80 ℃) of quality batteries to meet customers’ ever-growing demands for higher performance, higher energy density, safer, lighter weight and 1000 cycles life. All products are meet ROHS, SGS, CE, UL and other testing requirements.

I don't think the issue is with the battery.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • adrienmcclureadrienmcclure Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Anyone ever figure out a solution? I have this same problem on my rift s and I’ve tried all the previous solutions plus some extra with zero luck. It’s weird because everything was working fine until a few days ago and now any battery I put in will die within a couple minutes. Then I put that same battery back in my left one and it says it’s full. I’m assuming it’s a hardware issue and have a ticket in for it now.