cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Oculus App crashes everytime i put the USB 3.0 cable in.

XxTatoStarXx
Explorer
Hello Guys,

I got a problem. I just bought the Oculus Rift S. As i wanted to setup the Headset, i did make an Account and everything...However. When i putted in the USB 3 and DisplayPort the whole App crashed and restarted over and over again.. It only stays up when i remove the USB Cable... But still it doenst Recognizes the Display Port (I just got One Display Port next to my HDMI Port where my Monitor is on). But as soon as i put the USB 3 Cable in, the App crashes again. I really tried everyhting, updated every drive i know on my Computer. The cables seems to be finde because i tried it on the Laptop of my father (Doesnt have a DisplayPort but i wanted to check the USB 3) and it recogniozed the USB.. so it has to do something with my USB Ports. I also writed the Support, but they also didnt really figured out what the Problem is..

Maybe you guys could help me?
Sorry when im in the wrong thread

Ps: My System runs over Win 10 64 Bit, Got an Intel i7 Processor and A 1050 GTI Graphic Card

12 REPLIES 12

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Here is link to related troubleshooting page.

Also would not harm if you try and get latest motherboard related drivers and updates from either your computers or motherboards manufactures site.

May or may not help, but as you said - apparently the problem is related to your computers usb ports.

XxTatoStarXx
Explorer
I updated the last Drivers. But somehow it still dont work. Yeah, i know thats the problem. But every other USB Cable works fine, just the Oculus does not. And i dont have a clue why. And im getting mad about it, cause it costs me 500€

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Could be that is power related issue.

XxTatoStarXx
Explorer
I thought about that too, and the support guy also thought about that. So i shut off the Power Save for my USBs. Still dont work.

XxTatoStarXx
Explorer
Well, i started OVRSystem_x64.exe as Administrator...Now it woreked, Green arrows.. But as soon as i triy to configurate the Cam, i get this error through the OVRServer: {!ERROR!} [KMHal] (FW):   79032 [error  ] {CAMA}: 5 bad eofs (cams 1f)
Any ideas?

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Well... if you didn't set up oculus software as administrator, problem may be there... or if you windows settings/privacy/camera is turned off (needs to be on).
Otherways those just look like data transfer errors from tracking cameras. Eof means end of line. In other words bad eofs probably mean that software didn't receive data (or all data) from cameras.

XxTatoStarXx
Explorer
The Cameras are Allowed. Still dont work... Ill try and install it again as administrator. But this time the USB always connect, but i cant see something through my Headset... And the OVRServer now shows
20/06 18:38:37.706 {WARNING} [CrashReporter] Unable to start breakpad server - assuming server already exists.

Ps: Its the OculusDash.exe that crashes everytime

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Have you gone thru this troubleshooting page? The order is important.

XxTatoStarXx
Explorer
Yeah i've been thru it. Still doesnt work.