cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR kickstarter games?

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Are their any kickstarters? Maybe as a community, we have to fund our own games. 

Ideally, we should fund games that can be modded. We should fund the creation of assets that we can reuse for other games. 

I'm thinking back to the days of DOOM when users could use map making tools to make their own maps and place enemies within the map. Why can't we do something similar for VR games? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Www.kickstarter.com/givethesnowdogbucketsofcashVR

Please give generously  B) 😄

pyroth309
Visionary

MowTin said:

Are their any kickstarters? Maybe as a community, we have to fund our own games. 

Ideally, we should fund games that can be modded. We should fund the creation of assets that we can reuse for other games. 

I'm thinking back to the days of DOOM when users could use map making tools to make their own maps and place enemies within the map. Why can't we do something similar for VR games? 

There's been a bunch but a lot of them didn't hit their goals. Latest big one was Firmament.

Personally, after Shenmue 3 thing with Epic locking exclusivity after people were promised steam keys and they can't even get a refund, I probably won't kick start another game.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

pyroth309 said:
There's been a bunch but a lot of them didn't hit their goals. Latest big one was Firmament. 

Personally, after Shenmue 3 thing with Epic locking exclusivity after people were promised steam keys and they can't even get a refund, I probably won't kick start another game.

But if the PCVR market is small, we may need to get together and kickstart games. We have to organize. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2