Can it get any harder to gift a game? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can it get any harder to gift a game?

xmeloxxmelox Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited June 22 in Oculus Quest
I just realized this is kind of an issue when I tried to get a friend a copy of a game. I couldn't find an option for it so I searched online to see how others are doing it and they've been using paypal/Venmo to send money to each other. This seems to be a serious weak spot in Oculus's Store/market place. I would highly suggest getting the ability to gift games up and running ASAP.  Since you can't buy physical games it makes it incredibly hard for people to buy games for xmas/bday gifts, and I believe that's how most kids get the majority of their games. You would think since it's owned by facebook the game ads would be shoved in Grandmas face yelling "Little Timmy wants Blood Demon!". I can't imagine the sales you guys have been missing by not having this feature. Steam, Xbox and the vast majority of other platforms already have this in place so you know it's possible.  Please be sure to send me my cut of the profits when you guys turn this feature on since you heard it hear first. :P 
Tagged:

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,158 Volunteer Moderator
    Search the forums lol it's a feature been requested very often. So your share will go down to about 0.05 percent ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• xmeloxxmelox Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Sweet, I'll take it. :smiley:
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,158 Volunteer Moderator
    A shiny cent has been put aside for you or if in the UK a whole shiny 1p :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• mike.k.kohnkemike.k.kohnke Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I agree. My birthday is coming up and when my mom asked what I wanted, I would have chosen a few games. OCULUS, YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON SALES! I'm not going to buy several games at once, but as a gift, it wouldn't be uncommon to happen.
  • j.walterswartzj.walterswartz Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yeah, it bugs me that the only way my VR friends and I can gift each other is by getting the Steam VR versions of titles and we've spent butt loads that way. It's like Oculus is against people throwing money at it.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,787 Valuable Player
    I got my brother and a few of my friends into VR, I gifted them a bunch of games through Steam because Oculus didn't seem to care to add the feature.