cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen in the *Oculus App*

GG_Chief
Explorer
So I just got my new Rift S and installed the Oculus App on my PC. After it finished downloading, when I clicked next I got a black screen. No not the rift s, the software itself since I couldn't set up my device. I tried reinstalling it 5 times, 1 with antivirus off and 1 in a different drive and nothing has seemed to work. I have already contacted support but am willing to get answers from the community. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Screenshot of the black screen in the Oculus App:243lc55w8z8d.png
I have more screenshots if needed. Thank you for your time, I hope this gets fixed for everyone.

Edit:
I checked the log files and found this error message:

"Server closed connection

Browser process crashed with exception: Error: Cannot find module '../screen'

Error: Cannot find module '../screen'

at Module._resolveFilename (module.js:470:15)

at Function.Module._resolveFilename (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:418:25)

at Module.require (module.js:498:17)

at require (internal/module.js:20:19)

at Object.get [as screen] (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\exports\electron.js:11:16)

at i (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:260612)

at f (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:226887)

at new p (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:227356)

at R.openSplashWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:1:127481)"

The other log file said this:

"Skyline is already running"

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like the updates or installs or just trying out all the different USB slots all gets messed up eventually. I know things get broken and that's a sign of a previous install of something is already running so can't be started just like Virtual Desktop has 2 Parts to it: The Program and the Service. If it goes wrong via Win Permissions and you end up trying to remove/install it then it doesn't uninstall all parts and assumes the Service is still installed to work but doesn't.