DirectX Redistributable (june 2010) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DirectX Redistributable (june 2010)

firetiger13firetiger13 Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited June 23 in Support
Does anyone know a way to fix this, I did anything I can think of, and I cant find anyone who have solved the problem

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,250
    Wintermute
    Maybe run dxdiag to check your directX installation.  If you are using Win10 (with latest updates, and at least 1803) it should show up as dx12.  You should not have to download directX redistributables, it should just come with Win10.  If you are still on Win7 then maybe it's time to upgrade to win10.

Otherwise, contact Oculus Support and include your logfiles.  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• firetiger13firetiger13 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Maybe run dxdiag to check your directX installation.  If you are using Win10 (with latest updates, and at least 1803) it should show up as dx12.  You should not have to download directX redistributables, it should just come with Win10.  If you are still on Win7 then maybe it's time to upgrade to win10.

Otherwise, contact Oculus Support and include your logfiles.  Good luck mate.
    Everything is fine, I have dx12 and win10. I'm starting to this it's oculus fault in terms of them not fixing this problem. I also tried going to oculus support, and all they are is useless. They don't know what they are talking about and they don't listen to me at all, because I know what is not causing the problem and I have to end up fixing their mistake that they put on my laptop. They also tell me to try solutions that I can not use because this is my first time downloading the app, so I CAN'T use the "repair option or even download the program from their own website. I had a friend send me their program from dropbox to even get it to open to actually be able to try to download it.