Issues in TF2 / Microstar Museum — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Issues in TF2 / Microstar Museum

davew2040davew2040 Posts: 7
edited May 2013 in Support
I just got my Rift kit today, and so far I've gotten a couple of the test demos working great; very cool stuff! However, I've also had some issues: Specifically, TF2 *seems* like it's loading correctly into a stereoscopic mode, but ends up in a pretty unworkable state. Basically the screen is split into two halves, but the halves aren't distorted into the fishbowl effect like the other apps are, and the convergence makes it impossible to focus in anything resembling a stereoscopic way. Maybe I'm just missing the calibration?

I also attempted to load up the Perception driver and try out Left 4 Dead 2, and it had a similar problem; the screen was split into two halves but they seemed to be so far separated that it was impossible to focus.

The Museum of Microstar demo also didn't work correctly. When I attempt to load into that one, it enters into the start screen successfully, but then bombs into just showing pink in one eye and white in the other.

I've tried a few different multi-monitor configurations, but nothing seemed to really change either problem.

Any suggestions? Could these issues be related?

Comments

• mikesigmikesig Posts: 4
    It seems like everyone who got their dev kit in the past day or so has the TF2 problem, myself included. Every other demo I've tried has worked great, but I haven't tried any titles with Perception yet.
  • cmoskicmoski Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I am actually seeing this issue too --

TF2 worked great yesterday, and today it is splitting the screen into these halves.

Nothing I could do would make TF2 recognize the rift again. I would assume that TF2 was updated and it broke Rift support. It did also ask to recompress the files on disk..

I am running 2x crossfire ATI 6xxx cards with 4 monitors hooked up plus the rift on HDMI. I run the rift in crossfire mode on the HDMI port of the primary video card.
  • davew2040davew2040 Posts: 7
    Hm, in that case I hope they fix it soon! I assume that you guys are also unable to run the "vr_calibration" console command?

I've tried all kinds monitor configurations; I tried disabling my primary (only) monitor and then also disabling SLI, but it didn't help.
  • longshotlongshot Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Mine arrived yesterday, it worked fine then.

The latest update broke everything. So hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • OlivierJTOlivierJT Posts: 189 Oculus Start Member
    About TF2
    I had that problem too, I was running "Team Fortress 2 Beta"
    Well... that was the problem.
    Don't run Team Fortress 2 Beta
    Run Team Fortress 2

Guys ? which one are you running ? ^_^

About Microstar: Try starting it windowed and then alt+enter it for fullscreen.
    Does that work ?

" 2x crossfire ATI 6xxx cards with 4 monitors hooked up plus the rift on HDMI"
    That's looking for trouble ^_^

I am in nvidia Surround (3 as 1) but i can't run the rift like that, I had to go 1+1+1+rift...
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @davew2040: Have you tried the demos that come with the SDK? In particular the C++ demos. Do these work on your Rift?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Also, I am having problems with TF2 as well. We are currently investigating the issue.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • mellott124mellott124 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Yep, me too. TF2 gets split screen thats it. vr_calibration doesn't work.
  • The TF2 issue has been resolved. https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=777&start=20#p8239

The fix will be rolled out later but for now you can open the TF2 properties in Steam, go the the Betas tab, and select the pre-release.

Thanks to Joe https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=120 and the Valve team for sorting it so quickly.