New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rumors Persist of MS / Rift-S Announcement at OC6

2»

Comments

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 776
    3Jane
    Zenbane said:

Based on reports after the recent Rift-S patch, it looks like you both were right! As long as Oculus keeps this momentum up, the Rift-S and XBox integration news will go off splendidly. It will be nice to see a 3-year partnership go up a notch!
    Yeap, it will be interesting to see what they do in the next 18 months on thre run up to the next console.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,503 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:

Based on reports after the recent Rift-S patch, it looks like you both were right! As long as Oculus keeps this momentum up, the Rift-S and XBox integration news will go off splendidly. It will be nice to see a 3-year partnership go up a notch!

That's cos the Snowdog is right 99.9% of the time.  B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,155 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Zenbane said:

That's cos the Snowdog is right 99.9% of the time.  B)

I'm going to have to knock that down to 95.9% now, because... Aliens.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,503 Valuable Player
    That'll come back up to 99.9% again in 2028 when Noah the Time Traveller is proven to be the real deal. B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 815
    Trinity
    edited June 2019
    snowdog said:
    Zenbane said:
    OmegaM4N said:
    ^^It gets even better than that, MS have began to merged Xbox and PC gaming together, so unike the PSVR which is tethered to the PS4 only, the Rift S could be used on two formats, Xbox Scarlett and PC, so we might get to the stage were we have crossplay and crossbuy for VR stuff between the PC and xbox scarlett, as we have right now between the PC and the xbox one, so come 2020 you might be enjoying Forza 8 VR via your CV1, that you bought on PC but which also gives you a xbox digital copy, which your better half uses with the Rift S to run you off the road while laughing manically........talk about a win right there. lol

Sounds like Oculus needs to sort out the Rift-S issues asap then. With the current problems, moving it to a second platform could do more harm than good. This is great news overall, and this partnership was obvious from Day 1 in 2016. Not just because of the XBox controller that shipped with the Rift CV1, but also because of the live streaming capability that integrated Rift CV1 with the XBox. There were so many signs of this partnership from the beginning, and were only confirmed each passing year with smaller projects.

However, the Rift-S needs to get a better reputation before it tries to move in to the XBox market.

They should manage to get the white flashes and black screens sorted out pretty soon I think.

i have problems like black screens when i use the geforce experience in game overlay and the msi afterburner monitor. i think it might be a combination of overlay conflicting and bad cable shielding. the cable shielding causes the white flashes and the overlay conflict causes the black screen.

i think the oculus rift camera work on the overlay sw, and they have a slower movement similar to aim down sights in games thats slower when not looking through sights. this slower movement for aiming at distant targets slowly is making the cameras buggy.maybe theres more being tracked for ad purposes and this extra info is slowing the cameras down to accurately see the room the player is in. if the oculus rift s used markers in static places in the room for reference it would focus on these instead of everything in the room like looking through junk drawers to find old relics of novel interest.

im glad for the facebook ms group in the scarlett, too bad i cant use the rift s cause of the small ipd

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,328
    Project 2501
    edited June 2019
    snowdog said:
    Why on earth would Microsoft do this when they already have WVR devices for the job?

If they do have VR headset support for the NextBox it won't have anything to do with Oculus unless OpenXR is released.

Because Rift S is the bestest HMD ever of course!  :p
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,328
    Project 2501
    edited July 2019
    I will definitely be buying Microsoft's new Xbox if this is true as then you will get a powerful console + 4k bluray player + VR + exclusive games.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!