Does Euro truck simulator work with VR — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Does Euro truck simulator work with VR

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,255 Valuable Player
Does Euro truck simulator work with VR? I'm sure it used to work but I can't seem to find anything that mentions VR now?

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,573 Valuable Player
    I have Euro Truck Sim 2 and that used to work. Not tried it in a while though.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • NeawoulfNeawoulf Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 27
    Yep, both ETS 2 and ATS work quite well except for the basically non existant anti aliasing (just turn it off in the options. It eats performance, but does basically nothing in VR). But with the new experimental DX11 build the performance ist good enough to use a lot of supersampling (1.75x with my old GTX 1070). I'm playing it a lot in VR with the Rift CV1, had a lot of fun with it.
    Without sausage everything is cheese
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,292 Volunteer Moderator
    I was playing ETS2 on my Rift-S yesterday, still runs fine. You need to get the Steam beta oculus branch with VR support and give it a command line argument to enable VR.
    The steam sale has a map dlc bundle so I grabbed all the maps I didn't have (had the french one, now have it all).

One of my favourite long playing VR games (along with Elite and Subnautica).

I haven't gotten around to trying ATS yet, I just don't like those american trucks with the huge front sticking out.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    Yep, they`re both awesome especially now in DX11. I run them both at 1.6 ss with OTT in Rift S. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,255 Valuable Player
    @kojack - I just purchased the whole pack but struggling to get this working in my headset? What command line do I have to give it? This is going to be a relaxing experience in VR once I get this going I hope.
    RedRizla said:
    @kojack - I just purchased the whole pack but struggling to get this working in my headset? What command line do I have to give it? This is going to be a relaxing experience in VR once I get this going I hope.
    Set the beta branch to "oculus - Oculus/Vive 1.35 - (SDK 1.4.0)"
    Then set the launch options to "-oculus".

There's a reset head position button you can bind in its config, instead of using the dash reset feature.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,255 Valuable Player
    edited June 27
    @kojack @Rosgillies - Done, but where do you add the super sampling?
    Art3mis
    -oculus -nointro
    Gets rid of the annoying intro.
    Get OTT off this site. Easy to use. Make ETS2 profile. Set ss 1.5, CPU priority High, ASW to off if you are running 1.35 in dx11.
    Art3mis
    Also same procedure for ATS.
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 432
    Trinity
    edited July 4
    They both had native Rift support added some time ago, plus remember they support the workshop, so adding mods to your game is as easy as clicking a link..........nothing beats hammering down the motorway on a snowy stormy winters nights with Darth vader in the passanger seat, the tardis on your dashboard, and watching the back to the future car pass you on the outside lane, all in VR. lol
    These games are so good in VR that i actually bought a WMR hmd specifically for sitting down sims simply for the 1440x1440 screen display, which makes reading the cab dials such a joy, although they are still totally playable on the CV1 if you mod the colours of the dials and their size.
    Art3mis
    OmegaM4N said:
    They both had native Rift support added some time ago, plus remember they support the workshop, so adding mods to your game is as easy as clicking a link..........nothing beats hammering down the motorway on a snowy stormy winters nights with Darth vader in the passanger seat, the tardis on your dashboard, and watching the back to the future car pass you on the outside lane, all in VR. lol
    These games are so good in VR that i actually bought a WMR hmd specifically for sitting down sims simply for the 1440x1440 screen display, which makes reading the cab dials such a joy, although they are still totally playable on the CV1 if you mod the colours of the dials and their size.
    They both look damn good now in the rift S. Agree with your sentiments about how good these two Sims are. I have a Next level v3 platform with buttkickers, wind generators from SRS, T300 wheel etc and rift S with 5.1 surround. Reckon it`s the nearest I`m going to get now to driving the real thing. And yes, the Mod sites and mods are so good and 98% are free.
    ETS2 is 75% off in the Steam sale and the map pack is around 70% off (it won't tell me since I already have it).

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 432
    Trinity
    OmegaM4N said:
    They both look damn good now in the rift S. Agree with your sentiments about how good these two Sims are. I have a Next level v3 platform with buttkickers, wind generators from SRS, T300 wheel etc and rift S with 5.1 surround. Reckon it`s the nearest I`m going to get now to driving the real thing. And yes, the Mod sites and mods are so good and 98% are free.
    Have you tried Dx11 support yet on this, i just gave it a whirl and i did see a improvment in the game running, much more smooth in all aspects, i am impressed at how this once little game has taken off with VR, thing sat in my account for i don't know how many years until 2017 when i got the CV1, and the game just happened to get a partial VR support at the same time.....funny how things work out. lol