cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't been able to use my Rift S since I bought it (Black Screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently was able to pick up my unit from Best Buy (which I'm strongly suspecting was returned), and I have not been able to play a game uninterrupted let alone properly setup the guardian system.  I've run the compatibility software and Im totally within spec, plus my Oculus Rift works fine!

Basically, I turn on the Rift S and I can see the Home, Store, App, and after a certain period of time the in HMD Screen goes black and no video gets fed through. Its odd because tracking still works and so does audio. If I put the Rift on my forehead and move around the display on my computer is still mooving and working in app, but there is no video passing through to the HMD. 

Extremely frustrating, especially after spending DAYS uninstalling and reinstalling stuff. 

Please HELP.
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Additionally, when I go into the Devices menu on the Oculus App - I've got about 5 different Oculus Rift Right Touch controllers registered there with no software info or anything, and I cant seem to delete them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://imgur.com/gallery/ufPdvwb

image of the sensor debacle.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I can't help you as my help is never welcomed. Sorry about that.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Grow up
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help them techy.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Will do
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@UrbanMasque have you opted in to branch beta ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

@UrbanMasque have you opted in to branch beta ?

Yes, and it didnt help 😞

Techy111
MVP
MVP
May I suggest getting some help via oculus support and raising a ticket ?