cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you DON'T experience static flashes please tell us what is your setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally, I experience static flashes every 5-6 mins.
If you DON't experience static flashes please give us as much detail as possible about your machine so we further narrow down the problem.
46 REPLIES 46

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
It's a hardware issue, that OCULUS needs to fix. This vote you want...this thread, just serves to imply it's  something on the users end. No...no no no no. No thank you.
I imagine if they never end up fixing it, they'll be in for a class action law suit too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Likely it's a hardware issue. This poll can help to show that if no one has a working setup.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Bit pointless fella, Oculus are aware of this issue and attempting to fix 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Maybe so, but I'm fed up trying to debug this issue and reinstalling Windows 5 times in the path 30 days. In the country where I live Rift S is worth $600. When I pay retail price for a product I don't expect to be beta testing it for months. So excuse me while I vent.

aLargeSnail
Honored Guest
Pretty sure I am not experiencing them, but maybe I am and I just dont know what they look like. Can someone describe what they look like.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure I am not experiencing them, but maybe I am and I just dont know what they look like. Can someone describe what they look like.

They look like this and appear for only a fraction of a second. They can be entirely white or multicolor.
nrb3iys70r31.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, jezbeall and aLargeSnail, could you please tell us what your setup is like? Could you please run msinfo32 and share the output? You can run msinfo32 by going Win+R and typing msinfo32.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Techy111 said:

Maybe so, but I'm fed up trying to debug this issue and reinstalling Windows 5 times in the path 30 days. In the country where I live Rift S is worth $600. When I pay retail price for a product I don't expect to be beta testing it for months. So excuse me while I vent.

Why would you do that? lmao. It's not your system. It's a issue with the Rift S's firmware...or hardware. 

aLargeSnail
Honored Guest

Ok, jezbeall and aLargeSnail, could you please tell us what your setup is like? Could you please run msinfo32 and share the output? You can run msinfo32 by going Win+R and typing msinfo32.

I just started getting the static flashes as soon as I downloaded PTC. I had no issues on the stable build. I am almost certain this issue is NOT hardware. I have high hopes in Oculus patching it. Just be patient until then, the flashes aren't the end of the world. If you think they are, buy a different HMD.