New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

If you DON'T experience static flashes please tell us what is your setup.

2»

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Right? Are you done beating your head on the wall? It's not your system, it's the Rift S.
    Have to agree. This is a OCULUS issue and not a system issue. 
  • NeodenzelNeodenzel Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I experience static flashes
    Is this an hardware issue ? And if that is the case, please let us know In order to be reimbursed !

• philippe.heroux.58philippe.heroux.58 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Neodenzel said:
    Is this an hardware issue ? And if that is the case, please let us know In order to be reimbursed !

I'm afraid they won't tell us if its a hardware issue. They probably want to wait until after their quarly earnings report to make it public or some such. They are a public company after all.
    Brain Burst
    I tried yeterday's update Oculus App Version 1.39.0.265772 (1.39.0.265772). And I still get a ton of static flashes.
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    Anyone not getting the static flash is either blind or they don't play long enough to notice. Or you're gonna tell me like 1% of Rift S's don't get it? I just really doubt it.

Brain Burst
    Anyone not getting the static flash is either blind or they don't play long enough to notice. Or you're gonna tell me like 1% of Rift S's don't get it? I just really doubt it.

Maybe they blink really really slow. lol. I don't know. I'm just as baffled as you are.
    Brain Burst
    edited July 10
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    edited July 10
    I don't know if it is even reasonable to assume you can use the product over 30 days and expect to get full refund or new product. If in the end they can't fix the flashes with software patch, they will surely inform us howto proceed to get our equipment fixed. It is unlikely we get totally new devices if the fix can be archived by less expensive way.
    It is good to keep in mind that they have previously said, that currently replacement device would not fix the flashes. It can either mean that all devices got same problem or that flashes are caused by software (which is something I believe in too).
    Brain Burst
    edited July 10
    sraura said:
    I don't know if it is even reasonable to assume you can use the product over 30 days and expect to get full refund or new product. If in the end they can't fix the flashes with software patch, they will surely inform us howto proceed to get our equipment fixed. It is unlikely we get totally new devices if the fix can be archived by less expensive way.
    It is good to keep in mind that they have previously said, that currently replacement device would not fix the flashes. It can either mean that all devices got same problem or that flashes are caused by software (which is something I believe in too).
    What if a fix cannot be achieved? Oculus hasn't even made the problem public. They continue to sell a defective product. And, if you make a ticket they ask you to be patient.

At face value, it looks like they are trying to make as much money as possible before the rabbit is out of the hat.
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    Well in steam there is game called gold rush bug rush... they sold early access product to people as full game. They also promised to fix the game asap... and after 1st year I kind of stopped being patient. Not sure if I've seen such "positive" reviews about any other game(developer) so far.
    Rift S has had issues with white flashes but also with compatibility, tracking and installer. There has also been battery consumption issues with controllers and hmd black screens or snow which are sometimes also caused by broken cables/loose cable connectors. Dunno what else I forgot... Devs have been busy fixing other stuff what actually prevents people from using the device... Personally I believe that random static flashes which occur 1-5 times in a hour and last fragment of second - are rather low on their priority list... And as that is the only issue I am personally having - yea they can have a year for sure.
    Brain Burst
    sraura said:
    Well in steam there is game called gold rush bug rush... they sold early access product to people as full game. They also promised to fix the game asap... and after 1st year I kind of stopped being patient. Not sure if I've seen such "positive" reviews about any other game(developer) so far.
    Rift S has had issues with white flashes but also with compatibility, tracking and installer. There has also been battery consumption issues with controllers and hmd black screens or snow which are sometimes also caused by broken cables/loose cable connectors. Dunno what else I forgot... Devs have been busy fixing other stuff what actually prevents people from using the device... Personally I believe that random static flashes which occur 1-5 times in a hour and last fragment of second - are rather low on their priority list... And as that is the only issue I am personally having - yea they can have a year for sure.
    Personally, the static flashes are a deal breaker for me. If I can't recoup the money I sunk into this headset, then I'm screwed. I don't have the money to just buy something else. So its a big deal to me.
  • Yoda_1975Yoda_1975 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    A month and a half waiting for the flashes to resolve and no progress. We need a solution now.
    Brain Burst
    Let Oculus know you want to them to come out and publicly acknowledge the static flahes on the Rift S. Retweet this. 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,669 Valuable Player
    edited July 17
    sraura said:
    What if a fix cannot be achieved? Oculus hasn't even made the problem public. They continue to sell a defective product. And, if you make a ticket they ask you to be patient.

At face value, it looks like they are trying to make as much money as possible before the rabbit is out of the hat.

This is a strange one and it leads me to believe Oculus are 100% sure that this can be fixed with firmware. If not then why are they continuing to sell headsets instead of putting a stop to this until the headset is fixed? Continuing to sell headsets and then telling everyone they have to be recalled at a later date would be quite expensive for Oculus.

• mhajii210mhajii210 Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Guys please keep posting to keep this more visible since Oculus has not made any official announcement regarding the static flashes. 
  • Yoda_1975Yoda_1975 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Now we have it.. Stick post