cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omega Agent on Rift - Steam 2019 Summer Sale

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just a heads up mates.  For ~$1 ( for ~ the next 7 days) this is oldy, but goody and is def worth trying imho;

https://store.steampowered.com/app/461500/Omega_Agent/

I have had Omega Agent on my Oculus Go for quite some time and I've had a lot of fun with it. Flying around in a jet pack has always been my dream! Now, for just ~$1 on the Steam Summer sale, I just had to try it with my Rift cv1. The game is the same but with a little bit of SteamVR Super Sampling (1.5 for me) I think it looks better (might even look better with a Rift-S?).  Also, my X-box wireless controller seems to give me a little more positive control than it does with my Go controller (or even with my Go paired with my X-box controller). 

Ya, you still need a gamepad, but no big deal for me. It's not one of those games that touch controllers are going to help much imho.  Although it still would be handy to be able to just use them as a gamepad.  But, this ain't ever going to happen, so just get over it, lol!

Also, it needs to run with SteamVR since there does not appear to be any Oculus launch codes.  I have not found any problems running it with SteamVR so far.  

I've found that the turning  with your head option works easiest for me rather than using the right stick for Yaw.  Plus, it frees up the right side for guns/missile buttons.  Just take it a bit slow to begin with to help avoid motion sickness. This and Aircar are the only VR games that have ever got my middle ears spinning, lol!

Aside; I actually tried the Oculus Rift version from the Oculus Store last year but I could never get it to load/install/work properly and I ended up getting a refund.  Also, at that time Omega Agent on Steam was not available in my country (Australia).

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So, no takers/reviews for a $1?  You are all a strange bunch, lol?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought this ages ago and it's excellent. At that sort of price it would be rude not to!