Dash fatal error / Application restarting — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dash fatal error / Application restarting

TurystaVRTurystaVR Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited June 30 in Support
I have already written to technical support, but maybe someone here will help me faster. Greetings.

Hey. Yesterday I got an Oculus Rift S which I immediately connected and installed the software. Unfortunately, the oculus application was restarting when I connected the USB cable from the goggles to the computer, of course I connected to the 3.0 port. After reading a few threads on the forum, I made sure that I have the latest drivers and the latest versions of windows, but I still could not turn on the goggles. In the end I came across the beta channel that I turned on. After updating the oculus application to version 1.39, everything started working and I went to the oculus configuration. Unfortunately, after 10 seconds spent in the goggles, "Dash encountered fatal error" has appeared, which covers half of the view. After the beta drivers are removed, the application is still restarting, in turn with the beta drivers the error covers half the screen. Please help.

Comments

• TurystaVRTurystaVR Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Does anyone have a similar situation?
  • xullyrxullyr Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Exactly the same situation here. Tried everything, nothing works.
  • GloozyGloozy Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited July 10
    Same problem here.
    I'm reinstalling the Oculus software right now, I'll keep you informed if it's worth it to do so

Edit : reinstalling Oculus Software didn't fix the issue.
    Trying to remove Windiws 10 recent updates
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 296 Oculus Staff
    Hey @Gloozy and anyone else that is experiencing the Dash Fatal Error, please try enrolling in the Public Test Channel and have the latest update installed. We've included a new update that may fix this issue. Instructions on enrolling in the Public Test Channel are available here https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/. Thanks! -Rick
  • xullyrxullyr Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hey @Gloozy and anyone else that is experiencing the Dash Fatal Error, please try enrolling in the Public Test Channel and have the latest update installed. We've included a new update that may fix this issue. Instructions on enrolling in the Public Test Channel are available here https://support.oculus.com/200468603765391/. Thanks! -Rick
    I don't know about the others, I have the Beta update installed and getting this error. Before install I couldn't even see anything on my Rift S, the displays remained black. Tried also reinstalling Oculus software, repairing it, uninstalling the patch, many restarts etc. Nothing worked so far, but at least after the beta patch the displays are turning on, so it's a step forward. However can't do anything because of the error.
    I've tried the compatibility test, my PC meets the requirements.