New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Extra Battery for Quest

Jeffro1947Jeffro1947 Posts: 4
NerveGear
I saw someone somewhere say that the battery doesn't last up to about 2-3 hr. range, and he said to order an extra battery for Quest. Is this true and if so where do I go t get one? I've about went everywhere to find one but didn't see any extra battery to be bought.

Best Answers

• Mister_FonzieMister_Fonzie Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    Charge the Quest to full, then plug in an external battery that is capable of charging the headset while playing.  It will drain from the external battery first before it starts drawing power from the internal battery.  You just need to make sure the external battery pack you use has a high enough output to charge the headset while using it.

Answers

• RHunterrRHunterr Posts: 72
    Hiro Protagonist
    I saw someone somewhere say that the battery doesn't last up to about 2-3 hr. range, and he said to order an extra battery for Quest. Is this true and if so where do I go t get one? I've about went everywhere to find one but didn't see any extra battery to be bought.

The battery on my headset lasts about 2 hrs 15 minutes to 2 1/2 hours each time.
  • pistoman61pistoman61 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    yo compre una de 10000 y estuve jugando 7.30 horas 
  • Jeffro1947Jeffro1947 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks all. Happy 4th!! B)
  • denodandenodan Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Be aware that many USB c plugs are only made for 3A charging output so the cable may get hot? You need at least 2.4A output.
    NerveGear
    Mine might be 2.0, Thanks Buddy! I’ll be aware of that now.
  • WolfoxWolfox Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    denodan said:
    Be aware that many USB c plugs are only made for 3A charging output so the cable may get hot? You need at least 2.4A output.
    You can also have a 10A output, but the output real current will be what the headset requires. For the wire, just take a tough one, not a cheap one, not only for the power it can support but just to be sure you take a cable that can also transfer data. Before the cable heats up, your headset or charger are already fried.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    denodan said:
    If it's a usb-c output, then the cable it requires is a usb-c type, therefore, it would already be capable of 3A. Even the headset is usb-c input, so he needs a us-c cable regardless.
    3Jane
    edited July 2019
    I have an Anker 20100 I bought for my Go, and it has 2x 2.4A ports, but I found that the headset burned power faster than the battery would replenish it. I then bought an Anker 10000 PD, with both a usb-a 2.4A, and a usb-c 3A ports. Now, the headset stays ~ 90-95% charged, only draining the Anker.
    NerveGear
    Thank you big help
    3Jane
    Cheers.
  • denodandenodan Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Mine stay charged at 2.4A. 2.1 is not enough