cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic driver issue detected

TheAngryWhopper
Honored Guest
Every time i start to setup my Oculus rift s i get this issue,"Oculus has detected a problem with the installation of the drivers for you NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070. Please reinstall your graphics driver or visit Oculus support" I have talked to Oculus support to try and get a solution but non of the solutions they gave worked. I've used the DDU program to clean uninstall my drivers and reinstall them multiple times, I've gone through all my drivers manually and checks for updates, I've even went into device manager and looked for updates on everything listed. I've tried 2 different rift s as i thought maybe the first one was defective or the wire was bad. but i got the same problem with the new one. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
15 REPLIES 15

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Are you on desktop or laptop mate ? Now I have a picture in my head of a burger getting angry with me 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

TheAngryWhopper
Honored Guest
Im on desktop, haha

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Not SLI are you ? No onboard graphics with your motherboard ? No Intel chipset graphics?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

TheAngryWhopper
Honored Guest
These are my pc specs to if it helps any. AMD ryzen 7 2700x eight core processor, ROG strix x470-f gaming, 16 gb of ram, Gtx 1070, 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And is the rift plugged directly into the GPU with just a single monitor ? Something different with your setup is causing this ??

TheAngryWhopper
Honored Guest
Yeah i normally run 2 monitors but unplugged one due to reading some tips on here to see if i could get it to work. i have my monitor plugged directly into my GPU via HDMI and the Rift was plugged into the displayport on the GPU

TheAngryWhopper
Honored Guest
im running a 600 watt power supply to im not sure if that would cause problems or not

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have a read here = https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/oculus-rift-please-update-your-video-driver-a-big-problem.326088/

It's an old post but may help you get started.

TheAngryWhopper
Honored Guest
i tried everything they suggested on that post, i think im just going to give up on trying to get this thing to work ive wasted so much time on trying to make it work and have gotten nowhere. thank you for your help Techy111