Unable to download purchases from Oculus Store — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to download purchases from Oculus Store

dipthdipth Posts: 3
NerveGear

I just got my Oculus Quest delivered today and I was all excited to try it out, but unfortunately I've run into a bit of a problem. I seem to be unable to install any apps or games on the headset as all downloads from the Oculus store simply fail. I'm perfectly able to purchase items as I can see in my mailbox that I've received order confirmation e-mails, but the downloads just fail instantly.

I've tried initiating downloads both directly from the headset and via the iOS app without success. I've even tried factory resetting the headset which also didn't help.

Has anybody else had this issue or know any possible other steps that I can take to solve it?

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,352 Volunteer Moderator
    Did your initial setup go with no problems ok ? Does the app say they are ready for downloading ? 
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• dipthdipth Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    Did your initial setup go with no problems ok ? Does the app say they are ready for downloading ? 
    Yes, the initial setup went fine (as did the second setup after the factory reset).
    The app doesn't say anything about being ready for download, it just says: Purchased (or Install on Oculus Quest in the iOS app). Clicking the button changes it to read: "Downloading" for a few seconds before just going back to the previous state. Looking at the notifications tab in the headset will then list a notification saying that the download failed.
    I would pop a support ticket in, something sounds wonky there, let us know how it goes.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• KayhunaKayhuna Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Got the same problem.
    The Install-button appears, but a few seconds after clicking it, the download stops and I get the notification that it failed without any further information.
  • virtuulzvirtuulz Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same problem here with Rift; everything was fine, did the latest driver update, then tried to download a game and got the same behavior.  Tried reinstall (repair) of OculusSetup, and it fails, as well as full reinstall, the setup gets to 7.24/7.27GB and stops and fails. Put in support ticket. This is very upsetting.
  • DocCupcakeDocCupcake Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    OMG SAME FOR ME THIS MORNING! thank god its not only me!
  • OlindaPEOlindaPE Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same here. Contacted support. Said there’s a problem on their end. I can’t install my purchased games nor any demos. Got headset 2 days ago. Feels like a useless device. They don’t even have a time frame for the fix nor are willing to compensate you in any way. Wowww. Oculus Quest $500 Beta testers I guess. 
  • Mr_GauntMr_Gaunt Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 3
    Same here, ill leave a bump here so Ill see if it gets a fix  :#
  • MootbanditMootbandit Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same here, contacted support yesterday with no response...absolutely marvelous
    I've just contacted them, they now aware and are trying to fix now.

• NorthbeeNorthbee Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Same here. Can't download anything.
  • bigstatikbigstatik Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Same here. 
  • latefeelatefee Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'll just throw my support, same here. can't download any software as of this morning. 
  • PsychosisProphetPsychosisProphet Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I was wondering if it was just on my end. I was having the same issue with the free download of breezy boat. Funny i know its in no way related but facebook has gone wonky today too and now this with Oculus. Idk just odd.
    Read my announcement at top of forums 

• EdogfishEdogfish Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 3
     Same problem here, it actually downloaded games fine until today for me,  I tried installing superhot VR and I ran into the same issue. So I factory reset it which got rid of all of my games and then when I tried to redownload them, all of them had the same problem, so now the headset is just sitting there until the problem gets fixed, hopefully soon. 
  • alexanderschuhalexanderschuh Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem, after factory reset is my quest a useless device 
  • dodgydave73dodgydave73 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yep same as you guys, had the rift for a few days and struggled getting it setup as the USB had came unplugged by about a millimetre from the headset and wasn't being seen. Last night sat down and noticed this so finished all the setup downloaded a few games and was impressed, however today when I used it found that it wasn't working after making purchases from the APP on the way into work, the games had synced to my library and looked downloaded but when I hit download it seems to download really quick and returns and error message of cannot install game (title). Absolutely convinced it was me in some way removed all the software for a fresh install, rolled Windows back, deleted all data left behind in the %appdata% folder, downloaded the software again and setup to now find I have no games I can download and the 4 I did have are obviously gone. Kind of frustrating I hope it gets fixed soon as was really looking forward to having some VR time.
  • bigdog1911bigdog1911 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    How is a Facebook company having internet issues? This is not good. So many people purchased Rifts over the holiday and now can't play. I know there is a outage, but this still doesn't cut it.
  • EdogfishEdogfish Posts: 3
    NerveGear
     Hey, just so you guys know they fixed it. I just re-download it on my games 
  • dipthdipth Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I can confirm that it's working again. Must have had something to do with the big Facebook/Instagram outage.
  • RAGINGELEPHANT98RAGINGELEPHANT98 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    great its now the 25th of July and i just GOT my rift s purchased two games same exact thing happening :{. OCULUS YOUR SUPPORT SUCKS!! AND MY RIFT S WILL BE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY