ERROR DOWNLOADING PURCHASED (ALL) SOFTWARE? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

ERROR DOWNLOADING PURCHASED (ALL) SOFTWARE?

Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,371 Volunteer Moderator
edited July 3 in General
I'm trying to get through to support, please be patient while I try to find out the problem.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,371 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 3
    Ok all, just spoke to support with reference to this problem, they are aware and working on it. Hopefully won't be too long ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 364
    Trinity
    Same with apps needing updates.
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
    Yup I told them their downloads (all) are borked.

• YoSnesYoSnes Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Ya, I tried a factory reset because new apps and updates would not download and now no apps download at all. I now own a heavy face brick with a browser. Yippee! Hope they fix this asap.
    They are working on it ;)

• bigstatikbigstatik Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Just bought Richies Plank Experience because friends are over. “Download failed”.  No problem accepting my payment though. 
    Hey mate I know it's a pain but could be a million reasons for the issues :(

• Ricochet1Ricochet1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yes  can't download any games. Just bought my Quest today...not impressed that I can't download anything
  • theVRmangtheVRmang Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Rift S delivered yesterday now can’t download any of my software! Come on mang!  Also joining PTC downloads 1.38 and backing out downloads 1.39 and gets stuck.  Talk about friction.  I wasted 7 hours of my life and have to reinstall everything on my PC because I thought it was something I was doing wrong.  
  • KaijaxzenKaijaxzen Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 3
    theVRmang said:
    Rift S delivered yesterday now can’t download any of my software! Come on mang!  Also joining PTC downloads 1.38 and backing out downloads 1.39 and gets stuck.  Talk about friction.  I wasted 7 hours of my life and have to reinstall everything on my PC because I thought it was something I was doing wrong.  
    Same here, got my rift s this morning and can't even install the Oculus Setup.
    So further info for you all. Facebook WhatsApp Instagram and Oculus servers ALL are having problems worldwide at this time.

• hopper1111hopper1111 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just buy Space Junkies and download failed. Hm, hope they will fix this asap. 
  • lignixlignix Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    It's been 1 hour that I try everything, and nothing better, please !
  • DoctorRyuuDoctorRyuu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Well I was fine yesterday. Saw the amazing sell on a cybernetic and seeking Dawn together. And that's when I noticed things were all wrong. Couldn't download anything. Tried reinstalling the Oculus app and that failed. System restore that I had been putting off anyways. And still nothing. Come here and find out it's probably some crazy kid sitting in his basement doing the ole ddos thing to multiple server systems. At least I got over the procrastination and did my system restore. Silver lining. LMAO
  • RiftmasterTVRiftmasterTV Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Has Facebook/Oculus given an ETA on a fix yet?
  • lignixlignix Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    please give us news ! >_<
  • hellbringeranushellbringeranus Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Still the same atm nothing much happening
    Still no news or time frame folks :(

• watt8869watt8869 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Very upset so much money spent and now cant use. Needs to be some kind of compensation for the loyal customers.  Or could always just get me a HTC and be done with oculus and the crap
  • WorlokWorlok Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here only had it 2 days now cant dl any software.. but thank god for steam games they work a treat
    It's not Oculus fault mate, quite a few big providers are having problems.

• AlplaxosAlplaxos Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem i've got my Quest yesterday :(
  • PsychosisProphetPsychosisProphet Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    So further info for you all. Facebook WhatsApp Instagram and Oculus servers ALL are having problems worldwide at this time.
    I knew it. Thanks for keeping us updated Techy.
  • OlindaPEOlindaPE Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It would be nice for Oculus to post and keep people informed. Very frustrating having something new and not be able to actually use it to its full potential. And of course the outcome will be sorry for the inconvenience and thank you with no compensation at all. But of course it lets you still pay and buy the games. Just not download them. I hope this is not a common problem. 
    It's a rarity, it's not just Oculus suffering at the mo, it's a worldwide issue with others

• Mr_GauntMr_Gaunt Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Techy111 said:
    It's a rarity, it's not just Oculus suffering at the mo, it's a worldwide issue with others
    Are all those different programs and servers connected in some way o wise Techy111 O_o?
    Maybe......maybe not  :# lol

• ClassicGODClassicGOD Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 3
    Year 2029. Everyone plays, works, lives, makes love in VR. People eat protean blocks that VR systems are telling them taste like steak, chicken, candy. One day Facebook servers go down.... horror movie by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro "Blackout 2: The day the gear went dark" (and the funny thing is the original blackout was on 07.03 and it's 03.07 where I live now)
    The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.
  • Kuro_YTKuro_YT Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited July 3
    but it is weird that the problem takes so long to be fixed because it literally effects every person who has WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram... and to be honest nearly every person has at least one of these Apps xD
  • FlimsynoodleFlimsynoodle Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Good to know that this isn't just on my end xD. Now that i know they're having issues i can actually breathe i thought it was on my end.. i was about to freak tf out.
This discussion has been closed.