cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Phantom Touch Remover - fix those multiple right touch controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP
This may be a temporary tool, assuming Oculus fix the issue. But in the mean time...
Do you have multiple right touch controllers appearing in the device list that can't be removed using the remove option?

These fake controllers are caused by faulty entries in the DeviceCache.json file.

Oculus Phantom Touch Remover is a little tool that scans the DeviceCache.json file and removes any entries that look bad (mainly a Type of "controller", SubType of "rlcon" or "llcon" and Tracking Type of "unknown").
This only works when the Oculus Service (OVRService) isn't running (it only reads the file on start).
Other devices won't be affected, you won't need to run setup again (unlike if you just delete the cache file).

To use:
  1. Use the Windows Task Manager (service tab) to stop the OVRService.
  2. Run OculusPhantomTouchRemover.exe.
  3. Use Task Manager to start the OVRService again.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the controllers appear back within about 2 minutes and I instantly get kicked out..

kojack
MVP
MVP
Yeah, they will probably come back until Oculus fixes the actual cause. This is just a way to remove current excess ones.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, but I have to ask...do extra controllers help in Beat Saber? 😛

jab
Rising Star
Better yet, can we ask for a refund for those extra controllers?

kojack
MVP
MVP
r62e4a048d13.gif

If all the extra controllers actually worked I'd be happy, because I've got hardware to match:
xckwbfpqs1v8.jpg

pablocampy
Explorer
Thanks for the application! These things were driving me crazy!
bfcmmifemld9.png

seymourharding
Honored Guest
Thank you!  🙂