Oculus Phantom Touch Remover - fix those multiple right touch controllers — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Phantom Touch Remover - fix those multiple right touch controllers

kojackkojack Posts: 5,293 Volunteer Moderator
edited July 4 in Support
This may be a temporary tool, assuming Oculus fix the issue. But in the mean time...
Do you have multiple right touch controllers appearing in the device list that can't be removed using the remove option?

These fake controllers are caused by faulty entries in the DeviceCache.json file.

Oculus Phantom Touch Remover is a little tool that scans the DeviceCache.json file and removes any entries that look bad (mainly a Type of "controller", SubType of "rlcon" or "llcon" and Tracking Type of "unknown").
This only works when the Oculus Service (OVRService) isn't running (it only reads the file on start).
Other devices won't be affected, you won't need to run setup again (unlike if you just delete the cache file).

To use:
  1. Use the Windows Task Manager (service tab) to stop the OVRService.
  2. Run OculusPhantomTouchRemover.exe.
  3. Use Task Manager to start the OVRService again.

Comments

• Rizi02Rizi02 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    But the controllers appear back within about 2 minutes and I instantly get kicked out..
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,293 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah, they will probably come back until Oculus fixes the actual cause. This is just a way to remove current excess ones.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 310
    Trinity
    edited July 14
    Sorry, but I have to ask...do extra controllers help in Beat Saber? :P
  • jabjab Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Better yet, can we ask for a refund for those extra controllers?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,293 Volunteer Moderator

If all the extra controllers actually worked I'd be happy, because I've got hardware to match: