USB Driver Update Recommended — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

USB Driver Update Recommended

Jtsmith9801Jtsmith9801 Posts: 1
NerveGear
I keep getting the usb driver update recommended error when i load up the oculus app. I can still play games and it doesnt mess with it at all? Also if i go into my device manager and uninstall the drivers for usb ports that my rift is plugged into and then restart my computer and let windows reinstall the drivers,  it seems to temporarily fix it? Is anyone else having the issue. I never had the issue with the original rift only my new rift s

Comments

• vahdyxvahdyx Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same issue for me, also looking for advice. 
  • darbosssdarbosss Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same problem. 2 different rift s. I have a Maximus hero xi and inatech card tried reinstalling. Tried manufacturer drivers and MS. Now it started only playing audio in the left ear. 
  • k4rst3nk4rst3n Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yep same here, even before and after I got a PCI-E USB 3.0 card, which btw fixed all my tracking and no passthrough problem. So I guess it's just a recommendation.
  • timj2456timj2456 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I've got the same problem.   I thought it started after the most recent Windows updates.   I know mine has been acting wierd, and have been having to power off my tower to get the Rift S to wake up so that I can use it.   It's getting a little frustrating.

• oldroddy54oldroddy54 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Same here,working fine yesterday morning,then in the afternoon i get the message,with the orange in the picture,something not right Rift s side.
  • AzrefAzref Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Getting the same on my end, checked my USB drivers and they're all updated to the most recent. Seems to be a problem with the Oculus software.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,408 Valuable Player
    Azref said:
    Getting the same on my end, checked my USB drivers and they're all updated to the most recent. Seems to be a problem with the Oculus software.
    Yep same here.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Reinart_The_FoxReinart_The_Fox Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    same here.
  • GlarcanGlarcan Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    same here.
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 351
    Trinity
    Yup, got this yesterday cutting my voice out from a stream.. Fixed by opting out of the Oculus beta, but just now I have the same issue again..
    All USB drivers are up to date.

The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
  • hobinmhobinm Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I believe a number of us started getting this after the recent windows update for some reaon

• timj2456timj2456 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I got the PTR upgrade and it cleared my problem with the USB driver.

• RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    Done the upgrade, still got usb warning.
  • Schrammo2019Schrammo2019 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have this as well... since yesterday... still working but get the orange "!"
    Have this as well... since yesterday... still working but get the orange "!"
    Yep same here also. All USB drivers updated to latest.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • GamingTC2GamingTC2 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Same here.  Only a orange sign on the device page.
    Everythings works the same.
    GamingTC2 said:
    Same here.  Only a orange sign on the device page.
    Everythings works the same.
    Yeah and that orange warning is bugging the crap out of me LOL.
    Even though everything working great, much rather see everything green!
    C'mon Oculus I am sure you have your hands full but please correct this.
    Don

• MrBluePlaydohMrBluePlaydoh Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    I just been in teamspeak with a mate who has a headset and we compared diver dates etc and mine is more upto date than his and he dont have a warning, this has to be a bug!
  • SesharimSesharim Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    ouhh my orange  usb warning is gone  since the update hooray
  • LameDuckWarriorLameDuckWarrior Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Was there an update today? I'm aware of yesterdays.
    Was there an update today? I'm aware of yesterdays.
    Just yesterday's I think. I still have the orange.
    Don

• gjelliottgjelliott Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've got the same orange warning for my Rift S after updating Windows 10 to 1903.  Very frustrating as all was green before that, even with my Rift CV1.  I even use a Fresco usb card recommended by Oculus.   How is the best way to let Oculus know about this issue?  
    Mine turned back green today, after being orange with a warning for several days.

Don

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,799 Volunteer Moderator

This seems to happen for me every time Windows updates.

Usually fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the 3.0 and 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller drivers, making sure the Microsoft version of the 3.0 drivers are installed not the Fresco logic version (they're still called Fresco logic but has Microsoft in brackets) then restarting the Oculus service.

Well it worked for me the last time Windows updated and the same this time.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)