cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Driver Update Recommended

Jtsmith9801
Honored Guest
I keep getting the usb driver update recommended error when i load up the oculus app. I can still play games and it doesnt mess with it at all? Also if i go into my device manager and uninstall the drivers for usb ports that my rift is plugged into and then restart my computer and let windows reinstall the drivers,  it seems to temporarily fix it? Is anyone else having the issue. I never had the issue with the original rift only my new rift s
40 REPLIES 40

vahdyx
Honored Guest
Same issue for me, also looking for advice. 

darbosss
Explorer
Same problem. 2 different rift s. I have a Maximus hero xi and inatech card tried reinstalling. Tried manufacturer drivers and MS. Now it started only playing audio in the left ear. 

k4rst3n
Explorer
Yep same here, even before and after I got a PCI-E USB 3.0 card, which btw fixed all my tracking and no passthrough problem. So I guess it's just a recommendation.

timj2456
Explorer
I've got the same problem.   I thought it started after the most recent Windows updates.   I know mine has been acting wierd, and have been having to power off my tower to get the Rift S to wake up so that I can use it.   It's getting a little frustrating.

oldroddy54
Explorer
Same here,working fine yesterday morning,then in the afternoon i get the message,with the orange in the picture,something not right Rift s side.

Azref
Explorer
Getting the same on my end, checked my USB drivers and they're all updated to the most recent. Seems to be a problem with the Oculus software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azref said:

Getting the same on my end, checked my USB drivers and they're all updated to the most recent. Seems to be a problem with the Oculus software.

Yep same here.

Reinart_The_Fox
Explorer
same here.

Glarcan
Honored Guest
same here.