Orange flashing light after LCD's will not light up in headset: Believed to be a bad headset: — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Orange flashing light after LCD's will not light up in headset: Believed to be a bad headset:

RoTheNerdRoTheNerd Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited July 7 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Here's a link to a video of the initial issue, recorded a couple days ago.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/snqMW7EZ8W3Cwd9q7

To actually see my current issue, here is a link to a video of it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YLHxrJPG3R4EankN9

During a game of Beat Saber, the headset completed froze and made a loud crackling and fizzing noise for about 5 seconds before going completely silent.  Afterwards the light inside the faceplate would not return.  The blue light in front would light up but not the light inside.  I have 2 Rift S's so I switched the cable and the ports to find that the second headset works fine with the same cable and port so they've been ruled out, it's the headset.  After a few hours, the light inside the headset came back on, but as soon as it turned white, it made the loud noise and it fizzed it's way to darkness again.  This is the third day of me trying to turn it on and instead of making a noise, it turns white and turns right back off.  After 2-3 tries to go white, it then gives up and blinks orange, pauses, orange, pauses then continuously blinks orange and the display is never recognized during setup.  Again, my other headset works just fine with the exact same cable and port so this headset has an issue I can't fix.  

I have a ticket open, one that I'm not getting a response from in about 2 days after receiving that information, so I'm just waiting on word from support, but has anyone seen anything like this?

Comments

• AlJ57AlJ57 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hi. My rift S stop working. No light at all and the computer don´t boot if the cable is connected, with or without rift attachment. Connecting after booting, windows say that the cable has overvoltage on the USB port. Do you find a solution to your problem?